Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it hasn't been started, I figured I might as well throw it out there for any Iowans. I'm pretty much on the edge of three states (IA, WI, IL) so those all work for me too. Anyway, post up if you're out there.

·
Registered
256 Posts
yup...is anyone going to NOPI this weekend? its just right across the river in Cordova, IL at the drag strip

·
Registered
449 Posts
Cedar Rapids here. Used to have a 3G Spyder, now went with the EVO.

·
Registered
256 Posts
if i didnt have so much invested into my spyder i would move up to an evo...but w/ all the work i have done to the interior and such i cant even think about it. It would be cool to get together for some driving or a show or something

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yeah, loved the Spyder, but having it just sit in the garage for 5+ months a year kind of sucked.

·
Registered
256 Posts
well it doesnt HAVE to sit in the garage, it actually gets around quite well in the winter. and it warms up well, my buddy has a spyder gt and he drives it year round. *mine sits a lot* :/

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2blue04, you work out at Yager eh? Do you know if someone in Dubuque bought a silver EVO from there cuz I saw one driving in Dubuque tonight and it was all dirty. First one I'd seen around here though. I drive a white 92 TSi AWD btw, don't know if you've seen me around or not. Not too many turbo DSMs around here it seems...

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Its not an EVO its an ES lancer with the wing and hood.
We have only sold one (Blue) EVO the rest are dealer trades :ugh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm, maybe it wasn't one from Yager then cuz it was definitely an EVO. I've seen that Lancer with the wing/hood on it around. I know it was an EVO though because I saw the big FMIC. Some older guy was driving it too. Is your Eclipse a dark blue one?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was just taking a guess. My parents were looking to trade in their 2001 GT and buy a 2004 in that same color from Yager. Maybe you got the one that they wanted? Either way, they didn't get a good enough deal so we still have the 2001.

·
Registered
449 Posts
There was a silver EVO sold up in CR (same place I got mine), but the kid had so much bad luck with it, that he finally just gave up on it and sold it. It could have been his that is now down there. I know there is only one other EVO in CR/Iowa City and it is yellow.

Now his bad luck was him being a dick and other people reacting to his attitude. He had his car spray painted; rammed by some guys in a full size truck, and keyed like you can't believe. But he was also the same 17 year old kid who showed up at the dealership one day by himself, said he liked the car; called his mom who showed up 20 minutes later with checkbook & bought it for him.

Karma > *

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2blue04, it's been awhile, don't know if you're still around, but do you have tinted windows and some shiny rims with a Club3G sticker on maybe one of your rear windows? I saw a car like that at KFC the one day when I was stopping there to eat, and it was at the drive through window.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts