Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT
478 Posts
After shopping in the marketplace a bit, things are pretty expensive right now. How much are our cars worth rn? I see them for sale much higher than the kbb
The sale prices vary wildly, depending on condition, location, and the buyer. Check your local listings. I see lots of 3Gs with faded paint and mismatched panels that don't run well or drive straight. Those go for a few hundred. At the other end there's the ones that have been garage-kept with glossy paint, and meticulously maintained. Those can go for several thousand to the right buyer.

·
Registered
2005 Spyder GT
721 Posts
It's only gonna get worse in CA in the coming years, as far as gas-powered vehicles is concerned. You may want to consider registering it in another nearby state to avoid Carb compliance and get cheaper insurance. A hassle to be sure, but worth looking into.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yeah I’d like to see pictures of it, what are the specs year, model, manual or auto, spyder or coupe. Any rust? Where you located? I take it from the thread it still drives and runs. Is the title on hand? Any damage reported?
2001 Eclipse GT 3.0L V6 coupe in black, manual transmission. It has after market tailights , headlights, and a nvidia n1 exhaust system. The only rust I really think I could see is in the back panel under some paint, but I’m not sure if it’s that exactly.
I’m in central California. Yes title at hand, had the vehicle since 2010, never did any racing. As far as I go, gotten into a fender bender where the front bumper had to be replaced, the title of the car is salvaged because of a metal bar hit the bottom of the car on the highway. I can show pictures later today.

issues: two cat converters need to be replaced, oil leak needs to be patched,starting to need a new battery, and I think theclutch is running out because it’ll sometimes not shift into gear

other than that I’ve felt like it could’ve still kept going, but it would’ve been costly to repair that and I need a newer vehicle at this time in my life.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts