Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tapped the Brake booster for my vacuum source and ran a line to a Golden Eagle vacuum manifold. I tapped it on the intake side of the check valve that is located near the brake booster in the hose. I am getting good vacuum on my gauge, 19 -20 at idle. It moves around normally when driving. I just installed my SDS stage 1 last week and have really been taking it easy. I have not went to WOT and only about 3500 RPM's. There has been several times where I have seen the boost gauge move steadily to 0 but it never goes above that, not even 0.1. I have a Zeitronix ZT2. Is this normal? Or should it flow into boost just like it flows for vacuum?

G

·
you should try to tap the source for your boost gauge as close to the intake manifold as possible. You can tap or 'T' the small hose running between your stock fpr and the intake manifold. Yes, your boost gauge should flow into boost just like it rises from 20" Hg to 0 psi.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know there are many peopple that have tap the brake booster for all their forced induction vacuum lines. Has anyone else had this issue? Again I haven't really tried to get into boost, so it may just be that I haven't hit positives yet.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My gaufge is working fine. I hit boost for the first time today. Only 1 to 2 psi, but a little taste. The car runs pretty good. I had to send the Brat back for a minor adjustment, so I am currently running without it. I reset the ECU when I took it out so the ECU is still tuning a bit. When I get the Brat back I will have to solder my connections for the brat, so I guess it will be another reset.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts