Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
3GETuner
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member, kinda. Im trying to get a good feel about my 00' Eclipse GT V6 3.0L before I decide to turbo it or not.

Any ideas cost wise and best performaning turbos for this car?

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
:bat: SEARCH!

One of my client's just dropped about 6500 with me. That was a built 74 w/ ARP everything and all new pumps and timing components. Also included the labor for the swap and a Quaife install.

Modding these cars is not cheap unless you can do the majority of the work yourself.
That's what I've spent just getting my car ready to handle a turbo, we haven't even started getting the kit on...

So yes, it costs a lot of money... You're looking at 10k+

Is it worth it? I obviously think so, but I budgeted it out and made the commitment...

~Mike

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well, it looks like you have been lucky so far (flaming), but like everyone says, it is not worth it unless you commit to it and do it right, which will cost you a LOT of money.

·
Turbo/Haltech V6
1,713 Posts
If you love your car, you should go for it. If you just like your car, don't even bother wasting your money. Remember, It is going to cost you a lot of money.

·
Never say never!
10,837 Posts
SEARCH and you shall find the answers my friend. Personally I don't think it is worth it. Just costs to damn much. Looking at 10k if you do it right.

·
Registered
24 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmm lets see for someone young without alot of $ yes it's a good car as far as turbo'ing it.. my personal opinion is it is not a good platform i would suggest putting on some good n/a parts, good clutch, bodykit stuff like that.. expiriment around in the aftermarket world.. alot of people think it's all lovely.. it's not it can be an expensive bitch.. but it can also be very rewarding if you like making a car your own and unique in it's own way :twocent: ;) pretty much if your heart is set on a 3g turbo and you have the money and the patience then go for it.. otherwise i would just expiriment around and start looking for a better platform to maybe get in a couple of yrs :)

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
lmao, even the new member knows your in for hell!
No he is not and you know why??? Because this is not OT. :rolleyes:

If you start to search threads about turbos like I did, you will eventually answer your own question without getting flamed.

·
Registered
617 Posts
well only you know if its really worth it . Do you have the money or are you able to save the money to do it? it aint going to happen overnight thats for sure so do you have the patience for something like this? I personally think that its worth it but I like the performance that comes with it and I think the sound of a B.O.V is a sexy sexy sound.....but other than that you will not get alot more for your car when you sell it and you will and I repeat you will lose money that you put in to it so remember that just cause you put 10-20k in does not mean that you will get most or even alot of that back. so it has to be all for you and you have to be willing to be patient and do alot of work yourself but the people here have a lot of information to help you along the way as long as you dont piss people off by posting and not using the orange search button.. If you do a good search you will find everything you need to know and search a little more and you will find all the problems that people went through and you can see all the answers...will you need to post to get a few answers ? Yes... but trust me when i tell you to search and search hard you will find more answers than you thought were also.. I am not trying to be rude here I just dont want to see you get pissed cause people flame you for not searching...and trust me it will happen dont let that deter you from using all the great information ad resources that comes with this site.....good luck with the car and post pics for us to see how you are coming along

·
3GETuner
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So its not worth it to me..yet

well since the cost of turboing a 3G is around 10k i doubt i will and im glad ive got so many opinionated responses because it really shouwed me that i shouldnt do this considering i recently bought this car used and there is so many problems that need repaired in it so far.

as of today i have already repaired the following:

Tires replaced with Sumitomo HRTZ II
$300 for tires​
Rims Replaced with new Exel HR-20
$350 for rims​
New Front Axel due to it snapping after redlining
$450 for replacement​
Replacing Blown Gasket
$250 for replacement​

Exhaust Piping being refitted old owner was a dumbass
$300 for repair​

Wiring for the Exterior Lights (washers, headlights, underglow) redone old owner was again a dumbass
$15 for wiring​

Wiring for speakers redone and replaced 2 rear 2 front and 1 center speake and the tweakers by the mirror due to a majority of them being blown
$600 for speakers and wiring​

·
wishful thinking
544 Posts
no ive been there and its not cheap. i was one of the stupid ones, way to young, trusted a shop, again because i was young, they nearly blew the entire car up and went outta business. Get another car if you want performance. The greatest advice i can give you, that i wish someone would of given me, is that performance is NEVER cheap ever otherwise the manufacture would of done it already PEROID.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts