Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

I've decided on my new toy :]

754 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  untitled 
#1 ·
I've decided on which h/u I will be purchasing in the near future.
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - iDA-X001

Isn't she beautiful :'] *sniff*

Yep! It's the Alpine IDA X001. It has FM/AM radio, and USB iPod connectivity. No CD or Tape :] It also, shows the iPod screen on the h/u so that I can just plug the iPod into the USB cord, and leave it in the dash or glove compartment.

Someone tell me I did good :]

See less See more
#2 ·
That is a cool HU, but I would get a CD changer along with it, just so I have the ability to play CD's. The great thing about the IDA-X001 is that it can play Apple Lossless format, so you can get damn near CD quality out of an mp3. You are going to have to re-rip every song on your computer though. So I would say good job, but that HU is just not for me.

#6 ·
:agreed::agreed:

Aftermarket Bluetooth is something that has yet to hit its stride. Factory Bluetooth (IE Lexus'), however, continues to get better and better.

If you are looking for Bluetooth without add-ons to your head unit, look into Eclipse, I believe they are leading the way with that. Their unit that mates with the Tom-Tom (I don't recall the model number) is about as good as it gets with phone compatibility; I mated my phone to it, uploaded my entire phonebook and made a call from it within 4-5 minutes.

#7 ·
Actually it's really not. Even if you encode a song at 320 kbps, you are still losing about 50% of the song data. Apple Lossless is the only encoding that does not lose any data when the CD is ripped.

:agreed::agreed:

Aftermarket Bluetooth is something that has yet to hit its stride. Factory Bluetooth (IE Lexus'), however, continues to get better and better.

If you are looking for Bluetooth without add-ons to your head unit, look into Eclipse, I believe they are leading the way with that. Their unit that mates with the Tom-Tom (I don't recall the model number) is about as good as it gets with phone compatibility; I mated my phone to it, uploaded my entire phonebook and made a call from it within 4-5 minutes.
That is the AVN2210P, which although it does have built in bluetooth, is a hideous unit. Almost every major brand has at least one HU with built in Bluetooth. The DEH-P7900BT for Pioneer, MEXBT2500 for Sony, and various units from JVC.

#9 ·
No need for a cd player when all my songs are on iPod :]

and it's nice to be able to have your friends plug their entire playlist in when they bring their iPod.

but yeah, the quality wont be the BEST POSSIBLE EVER, but it will be the best iPod quality I care to pay for. It's nice that it's a USB rather than AUX so I wont have to worry about it running out of battery on me.

Mostly I'm just glad to be getting something better than those cheap ass radio transmitters. Even the best ones wont overcome all the static (not to mention finding a clean station and then if you drive out of that one's range you're sol and looking for another) and they all lose about half the quality and volume of the songs :'[

So, for me, this will be perfect :]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.