Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I'm a newer member and I've been reading alot in these threads and just thought I'd post some stories of my own. That being said, I own a bone stock 2000 GT 5spd. Yes I understand street racing is a crime and I'm dumb for doing it, but even my dad admits making kills with his old Impala. I think all of us feel competative with our cars (at least at some point), and that doesn't make it right, but it still happens

My first one was just last summer, when i first got the car. I was just cruising with two friends when we rolled up to a stop light, I look over and notice a dude and his girl friend (I'm assuming) in a Cav Z24, and he is just staring me down. I think nothing of it, until the light turns green and he peels away. Now I'm not fond of beating on my car but even I wasn't about to let this happen, sure enough by the time I was mid-way into 3rd we passed them, this time with dumb smiles on our faces. I don't know for sure what was in the Cav but it had a CF hood, and it sounded like Exhaust and probably intake for sure.

My second race was against a 1996-97 Integra GS-R. This one just happend because I enjoy revving just to hear the exhaust knote, and the guy took it as a challenge. The first run I took him hard off the line and he killed it somehow, so I won but felt I should give him another chance. The second run I had trouble off the launch and he had me by about a 1 and a half to 2 cars instantly, even though in third gear I gained ground fast i still lost by a car. The integra had intake and exhaust, also we met to discuss and look under the hoods before runnin, and when i left to pick up my brother my friends who stayed said he started stripping his speakers and spare tire, ect. from the car. Oh well, cant win them all, right?

My third and final is pathetic but ill take it. I ran a good friend of mine for fun to see what his V6 malibou could do. He had a chip and a SRI,and i suppose he figured my car would be a good test. Off the line he had me bad, (automatic transmission is much easier to launch in my oppinion) he had maybe half a second on me. Though that didnt last long as i beat him by about 3 car lengths. Nothing to be proud of, I know, but at least I didn't lose, right?:sad:

Once again, I know that its a crime, but it still happens, if it makes anyone feel better it was all done on a highway far out of town where there is nothing but fields around as I live far from any major cities. It was also done in the dead of night. I also realize its dangerous behavior and its not good for the cars either.

·
Damn I look good
941 Posts
I call BS on that Malibu one. Those newer ones are no joke, well compared to a stock 3g.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Hey I hear the Fast and the Furious 4 is now casting for extra's....Seriously they are....

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hey i said it myself that the malibu one was a joke. It was an older malibu. im not proud of it, but they thought it would be close so yea.

so where can i sign up for the fast and the furious 4?:hspin: :fawk:

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Welcome but have you heard of self control or are you easily intimidated be your buds?

·
*insert funny title*
5,375 Posts
Once again, I know that its a crime, but it still happens, if it makes anyone feel better it was all done on a highway far out of town where there is nothing but fields around as I live far from any major cities. It was also done in the dead of night. I also realize its dangerous behavior and its not good for the cars either.
Can we make a smilie that just says this: "I know it is a crime, it was way out in the desert, late at night, nobody was around, etc."

Call it :Iknowbetterbuti'mlyinganywaytocovermyass:?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts