Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Eclipse GT Manual Trans. I had just finished changing my clutch out, and when i went to start the car I got nothing. As far as I know I hooked everything up correctly. When I turn the ignition all I hear from the engine compartment is a humming sound(probably the fuel pump).

I have tested the stater motor ignition cable with a volt meter and got a 12+ reading, so i know that the issue is not in the ignition wiring(fuses relays etc). I used my own battery and a good battery from another vehicle but neither turned the starter motor.

Perhaps there is something more to this than I am aware of. I have read that people have issues with engine grounds not being attached, but I didnt disconnect any when removing the transmission. Unless there is one on the transmission that shouldn't be an issue.

Perhaps it is the starter solenoid? Id rather not replace that on a hunch though. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
When you turn the key there is no click or anything? As if you aren't actually turning the key.

There is a major ground on the top of the tranny.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's an excellent bit of information to know. What is the location of this ground(on the tranny side) and where is it grounded to(the chassis no doubt, but where exactly). I hooked up the reverse light switch, speed sensor, shift linkage, etc and probably forgot this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts