Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends! Just got myself a 2003 eclipse Spyder gs convertible today. Been browsing the forums for a while but didn't join as I wasn't sure what car I was going to get but happy to be here.

Obligatory picture she ain't much yet but 馃

Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
Welcome to the site @wwTakum ..Car looks clean , a good starting point . Headlights look a little faded but some toothpaste and elbow grease should bring them back. Good luck with your build....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone!

@Widgmaster didn't even think of that tomorrow I'll give it a try with tooth paste see if I can bring them back to new thanks for the idea!

Registered
It will also help if you keep the car garaged, and regularly treat the headlight lenses with a topical UV protectant. Otherwise the acrylic will yellow again in a few/several months from UV exposure.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It will also help if you keep the car garaged, and regularly treat the headlight lenses with a topical UV protectant. Otherwise the acrylic will yellow again in a few/several months from UV exposure.
Sadly I live in a apartment that does not offer garages I feel bad about it she is going to have to sit out in the snow to...

I think there's a company around here that does this undercoating spray to help protect against rust so I'm definitely getting that done before winter hits I'm not sure what else I can do to protect it though. I'll be sure to get some UV protectant soon then though I don't mind re applying and having to clean them every 2 / 3 months.

Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
The best scenario would be to store your car in a heated garage but leaving it out in the snow won`t hurt any thing. It`s the salt they put on the roads to de-ice them that causes all the rust .. Find a good outdoor cover and your car should be fine. If you drive the car during the winter the cover idea is useless .. what do you do with a car cover , covered in snow... Definitely get the undercoating ...I won`t even drive my car during the winter but still had it oil guarded ..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The best scenario would be to store your car in a heated garage but leaving it out in the snow won`t hurt any thing. It`s the salt they put on the roads to de-ice them that causes all the rust .. Find a good outdoor cover and your car should be fine. If you drive the car during the winter the cover idea is useless .. what do you do with a car cover , covered in snow... Definitely get the undercoating ...I won`t even drive my car during the winter but still had it oil guarded ..
Yeah I have no choice but to drive it in the snow this winter though to be fair I'll probably frequently Uber to prevent some corrosion. This is my first car and only car I have I'm in my late 20s I want to baby it. It took me so long to finally find a car I love that I could afford outright. Do you have any other tips you can give me ? I seen your 303 video on here about leaking that looks brilliant not this weekend but next I'm going to give it a try.

Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
The best tip I could give you is to just enjoy your car. Don`t let your buddy with a degree in back yard mechanic touch your Spyder. Buy yourself a OBD2 scanner just in case you get any codes with the check engine light. .. Open this link in a new window and save as a favorite ... 2003-2005 Eclipse Factory Service Manual 鈥 Tearstone Anything and everything you need to know about your Spyder can be found right here on Club3G ... Complete your profile so we know more about you and your car. This is important . When you ask a question we can look at your profile and see what car we are talking about ...if any modifications where made.... ECT... Happy Motoring Dude................

Registered
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS
Hi friends! Just got myself a 2003 eclipse Spyder gs convertible today. Been browsing the forums for a while but didn't join as I wasn't sure what car I was going to get but happy to be here.

Obligatory picture she ain't much yet but 馃 View attachment 44090
Looks nice! That red is a great color

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks nice! That red is a great color
Thanks homie being honest when I was looking at the ad I was going to repaint it a different color... Now that I have it though I just want to fix the red to look new again it looks so nice.

Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
Other than a few stone chips and scratches .. no rust .. they wanted $5000. to repaint my car.. I bet it would be much much more than this to change the color on your car. .. You made a wise decision to just fix up what you have.. So what are you going to do with the money you just saved...

Registered
Other than a few stone chips and scratches .. no rust .. they wanted $5000. to repaint my car.. I bet it would be much much more than this to change the color on your car. .. You made a wise decision to just fix up what you have.. So what are you going to do with the money you just saved...
He's gonna buy my headlights...he just doesn't know it yet! LOL

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mines broke in the same spot 馃槵
I've found a temporary solution with a weather strip I got at auto zone that fits really really good to close the gap. it it even goes down when I roll the windows down but... 馃槄

I usually just take it out completely when I'm going to roll the windows down it's not that big of a inconvenience. I don't want it to get stuck down there and it takes 15 seconds to put it back when I'm done.

Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
Re-visiting this post I notice in the last picture a rubber that is behind the glass. It looks like the piece that you need to seal the gap between the windows. . If that is the piece you can get weatherstripping adhesive and glue it back on....?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re-visiting this post I notice in the last picture a rubber that is behind the glass. It looks like the piece that you need to seal the gap between the windows. . If that is the piece you can get weatherstripping adhesive and glue it back on....?
View attachment 44107
Ohh my I didn't even notice that this was taken the day I bought the car. When I bought it he had the top down so I put it up and then back down to make sure it works so right after this picture I put it down.

so it's most likely in the door somewhere.
馃う

1 - 20 of 28 Posts