Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3G Eclipse GT auto, it sucks its auto but its just a little project car...anyways, I have read before that boosting the eclipse gt is about the best way to pull its potential of power out, but I'm not looking for some crazy horse power. The car is gutted to the chassis and I plan on cutting some metal from it just a little power to weight ratio, and doing carbon fiber body panels,hood etc..just a thing I got going..馃槀 well I plan on boosting her about 6-8 psi, I'm looking between 250-330 horsepower idk what to look for when it comes to turbocharging these little sleepers...anyone have any information as far as a parts list what to look for, I don't want to blow the tranny.....yet lmao but I need a professional to help me out, I need to know !?!?!!

Registered
There are several options if you search for them...I tried to search before and this is what i know in my personnel opinion..
1.Turbo is good but lot of modification for v6 and the engine tends to heat up fast ...
2. Supercharger is good but the belt will be shredded more often.. you can change them out..
3. Engine swap (Mivec 3.8 or others) is another good alternative.. not a lot of modification as turbo..

My personal favorite is Engine swap first then if you want crazy power add on supercharger..
Anyway, search the forum because this has been mentioned many times..
Regard which direction you want to go, there are good experienced members in here to help.. :) :) :) :) :)

Premium Member
in 2020 turboing a 6g72 is a waste of time and money. you can easily make over 250 with just a motor swap to a 3.8 Mivec.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Why does it heat up fast, and its just a project car dude, I'd careless about what anyone thinks of my idea I'm just having some fun with this car, I'm currently building a B5 quattro right now aiming for 800 -1000 HP lol I love the eclipse family so that's why I just need a list of what I need .....smh does anyone have info for me ?

Why does it heat up fast, and its just a project car dude, I'd careless about what anyone thinks of my idea I'm just having some fun with this car, I'm currently building a B5 quattro right now aiming for 800 -1000 HP lol I love the eclipse family so that's why I just need a list of what I need .....smh does anyone have info for me ?
Chill with the attitude. We're not here to be your personal research team. Both of the guys above gave you good initial information, now do your homework and read through the 3g general and performance forums. This is a 20 year old platform and most everything you can do is well documented. We're not going to create a whole new thread here just to repeat everything that is already on this site. If you get stuck and have specific questions, we're here to help, but until then, please do at least some minimal research.

It's almost like a search bar was added to the top of the forum... and no one sees it :rolleyes: Maybe a white outline can be added around it?
Granted, the New Members section is for newb questions like this so it's not exactly appropriate to just tell them to search. However, when the question has been answered, the burden shifts to the newb to go off and read about the answer. New Members section is for finding the direction to go in, not for being led down the path.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Dude so now your checking me, I am 37 years old, this project is for my son, if anything you need to check buddy on his attitude because I'm grown, so please stop......I did not have no attitude I'm just sick of you guys acting like I should know so much about these cars when really is so much to learn and that search bar does not help with everyone, so before you come on my post and write something you need to watch how you come about things instead tryna play superhero and tell another grown ass man what to do, help a brother out because I don't know shit about tuning these cars...smh thanks for the help, but no thanks 鉁岎煆

Dude so now your checking me, I am 37 years old, this project is for my son, if anything you need to check buddy on his attitude because I'm grown, so please stop......I did not have no attitude I'm just sick of you guys acting like I should know so much about these cars when really is so much to learn and that search bar does not help with everyone, so before you come on my post and write something you need to watch how you come about things instead tryna play superhero and tell another grown ass man what to do, help a brother out because I don't know shit about tuning these cars...smh thanks for the help, but no thanks 鉁岎煆
Ehhhh... We're almost the same age. I maintain you need to calm yourself.

We don't expect you to know things, but we expect you to do the bare minimum and read the forum. Of course there is a lot to learn, but you're asking for basic information and we already gave you enough for you to do some work on your own. The information is there and we already gave you a direction to go in. Read it or not, no one is going to be your free research intern.

Registered
Heh Chet, you're a bit late to the party. Everyone who has experience in what you are asking for is long gone. You're going to have to research it yourself from the GT/GTS forced induction section of the forums. Incidentally, you're lucky you got some good information from the people still on the forum. Back in the day your thread would have been moved to the OT section and you would have been thrown to the wolves like a piece of raw meat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts