Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gorgeous and elegant is all I can say. Audi's knocked the styling out of the park with this new model. The A5 could use a better powertrain (265hp, 3.2-litre V6 and front-wheel drive) considering it's a $40k luxury coupe but the S5 gets it just right. It uses a rear-bias Quattro all-wheel drive system (under normal driving conditions, split 40/60) and the 354-hp, direct-injection V8 in the S4 sedan.

Oddly enough, VW/Audi decided to eschew the dual-clutch manumatic in favor of a traditional 6-spd manual transmission in both the A5 and S5. A traditional automatic is available on the A5 only.

:: AUDI :: A5/S5 ::

PDF brochure for the A5 and for the S5.

Audi A5

Audi S5

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Oh, and for those of you that have seen Hitman, you'll know that the S5 has great trunk space :lol:

The movie also featured the new RS4 Cabriolet that is unavailable in the US:

Hell, I'd pimp it.

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very cool car.

On another note, how was that movie?
Great action and fantastic nudity are the selling points. But the plot and dialogue are subpar. They didn't spend enough time (or any, for that matter) delving into the history of Agent 47 and just jumped into the storyline at the current mission. From what I hear, the movie didn't follow the feel or salient points of the video games, either. There wasn't really any relevant tie-in besides Tim Olyphant being bald with a bar code tattoo and dual wielding polished .45 1911s.

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
I love the S5 and a friend of mine is planning to purchase the A5 when it's out (has an A4 now) but for the price, I think I'll stick to looking at the 4WD, 420hp Jeep. if that S5 were in the low to mid $40's it would be on the list for sure though.

·
Registered
610 Posts
From what I hear, the movie didn't follow the feel or salient points of the video games, either. There wasn't really any relevant tie-in besides Tim Olyphant being bald with a bar code tattoo and dual wielding polished .45 1911s.
Hmm, i really enjoyed two of the PS2 video games... but i think i'll wait for this one to make its way onto dvd.

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love the S5 and a friend of mine is planning to purchase the A5 when it's out (has an A4 now) but for the price, I think I'll stick to looking at the 4WD, 420hp Jeep. if that S5 were in the low to mid $40's it would be on the list for sure though.
The S5 is just a few hundred dollars over $50k. I'd talk 'em down or buy a slightly used one if it's just a difference of $5k between the MSRP and your budget.

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
Oddly enough, VW/Audi decided to eschew the dual-clutch manumatic in favor of a traditional 6-spd manual transmission in both the A5 and S5. A traditional automatic is available on the A5 only.
meh... call me old or whatever you will, but I will never buy a car without a traditional clutch. All that auto-clutch paddle-shifting nonsense just doesn't sound like the fun of driving a real car.

·
Gator 2013
2,139 Posts
Yeah, I saw the movie which, first off, was kick-ass. The Audi was very nice and... had a lot of trunk space, lol. But it is really gorgeous and probably performs like a dream.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts