Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
W/MOTOR SMOKED K6 "ARROW LED BUILT-IN" SIDE MIRRORS M3 | eBay

W/MOTOR SMOKED K6 "ARROW LED BUILT-IN" SIDE MIRRORS M3

Ok, i have a question... Has anyone else bought these mirrors?? I just got a set and i am having alot of issues with them.

First they look nice but the surface of the mirrors are about half. That is really weird to start with and i could live with it but the worst thing is the mirror itself. They point at a weird upwards angle and not a straight level like normal OEM mirrors. Also i dont know if i got the wrong ones for my car but i cant push the mirror part out far enough, the angle the mirror's reflection is at, at the most outward position is still pointed toward my car. If i put the right (driver side) mirror at the most inward position the mirror's refection is pointed at my passager seat.

Just seeing if anyone else has bought these or not and maybe they are just the wrong ones for my car.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
What was wrong with your OEM mirrors? They seem to work for everyone else... Aftermarket mirrors seem pointless to me
These have a blue arrow:yum:

Haha I actually just got some aftermarket mirrors for my car I will let you guys know how they work/turn out. Will be able to let you know probably Thursday of this week.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What was wrong with your OEM mirrors? They seem to work for everyone else... Aftermarket mirrors seem pointless to me
I bought my car used and the right side mirror was messed up and finally fell off a week ago. Plus they both were dinged up and chipped. Im repainting my car and wanted to go ahead and replace both mirrors so i got these. They looked cooler than OEM and were cheaper.....

·
Banned
18,282 Posts

Ok, i have a question... Has anyone else bought these mirrors?? I just got a set and i am having alot of issues with them.

First they look nice but the surface of the mirrors are about half. That is really weird to start with and i could live with it but the worst thing is the mirror itself. They point at a weird upwards angle and not a straight level like normal OEM mirrors. Also i dont know if i got the wrong ones for my car but i cant push the mirror part out far enough, the angle the mirror's reflection is at, at the most outward position is still pointed toward my car. If i put the right (driver side) mirror at the most inward position the mirror's refection is pointed at my passager seat.

Just seeing if anyone else has bought these or not and maybe they are just the wrong ones for my car.
WTF do you expect to get for $25? :lol:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i bought a pair of these some years ago. the fitment was horrible and they are dangerous to use on the road because you cant see crap out of those mirrors. my advice is to throw them away or sell them to some sucker.
Idk about selling them to a sucker, i would feel bad about that... But i think you have the best advice here. What ones do you suggest getting?

Im thinking these.
00-05 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE POWER NON HEAT MIRRORS PAIR | eBay

or should i just save up the cash for OEM?

·
Administrator
16,338 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Oem mirrors look best as they were designed for the car. Oem mirrors.perform best because mitsubishi has done r&d to make sure you can see.

·
ECLIPTO
2,101 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Anyone have a wiring diagram for these K6 Mirrors or know how to hook them up. Bought some months ago and figured what the hell, might as well see how they look on the car plus I like the little arrow. Need to know how to wire it though.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts

I have these, if you want them I'll sell them to you for $36 shipped and they have convex mirrors attached for extra visibility. If you're interested I'll send you pics.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
Charles, you know how to install them?
I took them off and put the stock ones back on back in Dec. 2009. They don't come with instructions and now looking at them again I actually bought 2 sets of these because 1 mirror was clipped off. It was trial and error because I have power mirrors so it was just a matter of testing each wire to see which wire did what. However I wired one of the new ones up to the factory plug which made it a simple plug and play in case I wanted to use them again, but I'm not.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I took them off and put the stock ones back on back in Dec. 2009. They don't come with instructions and now looking at them again I actually bought 2 sets of these because 1 mirror was clipped off. It was trial and error because I have power mirrors so it was just a matter of testing each wire to see which wire did what. However I wired one of the new ones up to the factory plug which made it a simple plug and play in case I wanted to use them again, but I'm not.
Yup yup I have power mirrors too. So pretty much just figure it out by trial and error?

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
Yup yup I have power mirrors too. So pretty much just figure it out by trial and error?
Yes. Just test for left, right, up and down. Then you still have to wire up the lights.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
Hmm.. I am not doing the install myself, the body shop that is painting my car is doing it. I think they were wondering what they connect the wiring for the lights up to?
It's been over 2 years since I first installed them and you know I don't have my 3G so I can't even remember or go out to look at it to tell you where I wired the lights up to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts