Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I was wondering if keyless Go is standard on the 3rd gen Eclipse or of its an option. I've seen people talking about it and i haven't gotten a keyfob myself.

Anyone who knows? (Probably everyone)

· Registered
2001 Spyder GT
584 Posts
I don't know anything about keyless Go, but for any aftermarket remote start, you'll need a workaround that satisfies the Mitsubishi immobilizer system. There are two ways to do this. You can make the immobilizer happy by storing your key in the steering column near the ignition switch. You can also reflash the ECU so it doesn't need an immobilzer code at all, but that's an involved process.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know anything about keyless Go, but for any aftermarket remote start, you'll need a workaround that satisfies the Mitsubishi immobilizer system. There are two ways to do this. You can make the immobilizer happy by storing your key in the steering column near the ignition switch. You can also reflash the ECU so it doesn't need an immobilzer code at all, but that's an involved process.
Ah i see. I was wondering as it would seem nice to be able to open the car from a distance instead of with the key. Small issue but more a comfort thing i guess

· Registered
2001 Spyder GT
584 Posts
The door opening part might work without bypassing the immobilizer. The immobilizer only stops the injectors from squirting fuel, so you can crank the starter but the engine won't start.

· Super Moderator
54,086 Posts
Proximity unlock should be possible with aftermarket parts, but nothing like that was standard on 20 year old cars not even BMW/Mercedes/Jaguar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts