Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been boosted for a while now and recently my headgasket decided to blow on me. So i decided to drop the Kia head on.

Parts I have -
Full Kia Head
BC Valve Springs and retainers
BC 272 evo cams
Kia Valves, Rollers and rockers
Evo 8 Intake Manifold
Evo 8 injectors
Evo 8 Fuel Rail
Kia Cam Poition Sensor Housing
Kia Water Pipe
Kia Thermostat Housing
BC Valve Seals

Parts needed -
ADjustable Cam Gears
HKS timing belt
Eclipse headgasket
Evo 8 Plugwire Boots
Eclipse Water Pump

Ill get pics up soon and let me know if i've forgotten anything. Thanks!

· Registered
2,920 Posts
They are backwards. The galant belt is on the passenger side so you can't put it in the eclipse.
STFU, dont talk about shit you dont know about:facepalm:

Yes it will fit, dont lissen to this jackass.

· Kimosabe
990 Posts
STFU, dont talk about shit you dont know about:facepalm:

Yes it will fit, dont lissen to this jackass.
Really? I'm a jackass? What does that make you, asshole. I misread it and thought he said to get a 94 Galant DOHC which wouldn't go on the Eclipse. I misread what he was asking and you are the one who reacted like a jackass. I wish you the runs, sir.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol you guys are funny.:lmfao:
im just gonna order up a OEM evo 8 timing belt. I searched around for aftermarket radiators for our car and cant find shit. They make one for the v6 but its to thick and will mess with the turbo setup. Anyone know if the OEM evo 8 radiator fits?

· more guinness
733 Posts
I just put a CSF radiator in after my stock cracked. It is bolt on has two rows and is all aluminum. Search around the site they use to be pretty popular back in day. Not as massive as the mishimoto but it's only like $160.

· Registered
2,920 Posts
got a part number for the 94 galant DOHC timing belt?
I lost the part number but just got to auto zone and tell them 94 galant DOHC timing belt. Now there going to most likely say theres two, one for $35~ and one for $65~, you need the $65~ one. The cheaper one is for a SOHC galant, but for some reason they have both belts under DOHC.

· T-Money is T-Money
735 Posts
a belt that has the correct teeth and can be tightened properly/is not extremely tight, cannot be considered an incorrect belt. belts are not designed to the size of a motor as in if its a 2.0 or 2.4 or 3.0 or whatever, they are simply designed in length and the teeth/ribs they need to have in order to properly fit a car.

if my friend with his evo 8 decides to put a 4g64 crank in it to make it a 2.3L instead of a 2.0 does he need to change his timing belt? Just an example

the evo belt on the dohc swap is tight, but its not too tight

1 - 20 of 63 Posts