Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a 4g64 block from a junkyard for $200! It came from a '00 Galant, mileage unknown. I took it home and ripped it apart. I took the block to a machine shop, and traded the pos sohc head in for a g4js dohc head from cylinderheads international. The block got a good deep cleaning, and was rebuilt with new rings, bearings, the whole 9 yards. For the cylinder head, I put in evo8 beehive valve springs and hks 272 cams. I took a valve cover off of I think it was a Hyundai Santa Fe, although I'm not completely sure. While I was there, I also snatched the water pipe and the sensor that goes on the end of the camshaft.

So, when I got all of the pieces home for final assembly, I ran into some issues. First off, I read somewhere on these forums that arp head studs for the evo8 would work with this setup. I put them in mine and they are too short. What head studs do I need to go with? Second, on the sensor that i took off the hyundai for the camshaft, the bolt is too small to fit in the camshaft. The hole is in the end of the hks cam, and it is massive compared to the bolt that is supposed to go there. I'm not quite sure what to do about that.

I still have a ways to go. Adjustable cam gears, Timing belt, couple gaskets, intake manifold, turbo setup, and then the wiring situation. The third picture is how she sits now, although the cylinder head isn't actually bolted down.

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
I don't have anything to add other than nice build and looking forward to seeing how it goes!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
1) 4g63 11mm head studs
2) should be able to bored out the hole for the cam sensing wheel to use the bolt for the hks cam. But the sensing wheel from the Hyundai works with the 00-01 ecu, will need the evo one if you have a 02-05 ecu.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts