Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think this a good 4. ch amp to get to power front and rear alpine type-r's? Any amps out there that are better? Thanks

·
Car Audio Mod #3
2,617 Posts
Ran that same amp for about 3 months when I had my 3G. Lots of power and pretty clean. I would recommend it if you are getting a good deal. What is your budget and/or what are you paying for it?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, I want it to be new so I cant really get an amazing deal for it... I really wanted to get something less expensive but I didnt want to get a no name amp. I think this amp sells for around $300. I have found it in a couple of places for less than $250. Do you think it would be ok to get it off ebay? Its on there for like $180. I really only wanted to spend about $150 for the amp but I want to get something good.

Actually its $220 on ebay
and the retail is $350

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Nothing wrong with ebay if you follow thse guidelines:
1) check feedback of the seller. only us sellers with 98%+ positive feedback ratings.
2) always pay with an insured method such as payal, credit card, etc. NEVER use a personal check, money order, etc.

Should you not follow those suggestions then you may be asking for trouble.

I have no experience with that amp but if Circuit used it then I doubt it could be a bad choice. I assume you are planning to run a 4 ohm load to each of the 4 channels?

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Well, I want it to be new so I cant really get an amazing deal for it... I really wanted to get something less expensive but I didnt want to get a no name amp. I think this amp sells for around $300. I have found it in a couple of places for less than $250. Do you think it would be ok to get it off ebay? Its on there for like $180. I really only wanted to spend about $150 for the amp but I want to get something good.

Actually its $220 on ebay
and the retail is $350
$220 is a good price, just be sure its not refurbished. i would get a new one. i have a kx550.3 and i love it. i got it for $220 on ebay brand new. very underrated amps

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
:lol: I ran that very same amp in my GSX, I loved it. You will have nothing but good things to say if buy it. It's clean, clear, power that will give you just want you want out of your aftermarket components. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey everyone. Thanks for your input in this thread. I wanted to update ethis thread and tell everyone that i ended up getting the ZX650.4. Again thanks for your responses!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice!! Post up pics of it installed!
well... I have yet to buy the speakers!! lol I'm almost 100% decided on the Type-R's. Im planning to do the install in 2 stages...
Stage 1 will be: Installing the ZX 650.4, The Type r components (with the crossovers showing in the trunk for looks) , the regular type r's for the rear, and a Sounstream Powerplant. I think the Powerplant will add something different to the install and also make life a lot easier when installing the stage 2 stuff. Any opinions on the Powerplant? I really like it b/c it has power AND ground distribution, plus remote wire distribution!
Stage 2 will be: the second monoblock amp, two subs, and a cap (for looks)

The timeline is:
Stage 1 will be installed in 3 weeks. hopefully on feb 9 (saturday)
Stage 2... depends on when i decide what subs and amp to use and when i have the money, so it could be a couple of months down the road.

This is getting long... Another thing is the layout of all the items. In the end there will be:
2 AMPS
2 X-OVERS
1 POWERPLANT
1 CAP
PLUS the subs and sub box.
Can anyone help me figure out some layout possibilities for all this stuff??? In a 2002 Spyder. THANKS

·
Car Audio Mod #3
2,617 Posts
well... I have yet to buy the speakers!! lol I'm almost 100% decided on the Type-R's. Im planning to do the install in 2 stages...
Stage 1 will be: Installing the ZX 650.4, The Type r components (with the crossovers showing in the trunk for looks) , the regular type r's for the rear, and a Sounstream Powerplant. I think the Powerplant will add something different to the install and also make life a lot easier when installing the stage 2 stuff. Any opinions on the Powerplant? I really like it b/c it has power AND ground distribution, plus remote wire distribution!
Stage 2 will be: the second monoblock amp, two subs, and a cap (for looks)

The timeline is:
Stage 1 will be installed in 3 weeks. hopefully on feb 9 (saturday)
Stage 2... depends on when i decide what subs and amp to use and when i have the money, so it could be a couple of months down the road.

This is getting long... Another thing is the layout of all the items. In the end there will be:
2 AMPS
2 X-OVERS
1 POWERPLANT
1 CAP
PLUS the subs and sub box.
Can anyone help me figure out some layout possibilities for all this stuff??? In a 2002 Spyder. THANKS
Wow that soundstream thing is hideous. You really don't need that at all. Just a simple 1/0 to two 4GA distribution block will work just fine. You haven't said anything about wiring yet. I hope you plan to run 1/0 GA from the batter to 4GA to the amps along with some quality RCA's. You also really don't need a cap. It will do nothing for you. Just do the Big 3 and you will be fine.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Wow that soundstream thing is hideous. You really don't need that at all. Just a simple 1/0 to two 4GA distribution block will work just fine. You haven't said anything about wiring yet. I hope you plan to run 1/0 GA from the batter to 4GA to the amps along with some quality RCA's. You also really don't need a cap. It will do nothing for you. Just do the Big 3 and you will be fine.
i was planning to run 1/0 from the battery to the PP then 4 ga to the amps, like you said. I bought a kicker amp kit and that came with nice RCA's... two RCA's on 1 cable for both AMP 1 and AMP 2 input on the kicker. i think i agree about the cap, but it would be nice just to have it for cosmetic reasons. i think im going to have the installers do the big three too. ONE QUESTION: do you think i should dynamat the doors? eventually i want to dynamat the trunk but, for now, i think i dont want to spend money to dynamat the trunk until i add the subs...
Also, do you think the PP is a bad idea?? I just thought it would be good since it would make the addittion of the second amp and subs (stage 2) very simple... plus i forgot to mention that it also splits the remote wire from your HU into 4 remote outs, for all the amps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts