Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how the knock sensor wires are installed.. I have a red and black white wire that came with the evo knock sensor but i dont have a stock one so i dunno which wire is signal or ground or if one is for 5v i need ur help.. Im running dual ecus and the timing is pretty low as im sure its looking for my knock sensor but i dont have it connected.. Ive tried red red to knock ecu pin and black white to grnd but doesnt register if i tap the knock sensor no counts or ne thing so i am confused.. Thanks for any help..

·
GT35 DOHC 500wHp
533 Posts
i can help you!
since my wiring is all apart and engine out it wont be big deal to measure voltage. Or i can also send you wiring diagram of evo or eclipse.
but you have to write how to with wiring diagrams and explanations for all auto comunity guys. I personally dont need it but it would be good to see how it works.
Just tell me what exactly you need.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
knock

Yea i will doc everything as i find results.. Right now i have two major issues.. The knock sensor is my main thing.. I have an oem evo knock sensor and it has two wires - red and black white.. I dont know what to do with these wires.. I assume red to the ecu and black white to grnd but i need verification?? Also I have a fan relay issue - my fans will not come of when the coolant gets hot -- it will go to the Hot range and nothing happens - i dont have ac switch connected yet but i dont think thats it so if u can think of something id appreciate the help..

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Here is a pic, I just wired up my harness tonite. I think it came out pretty good. The white wire over my thumb is my knock sensor wire.

Here is the "once a PNP boomslang e-manage ultimate harness" converted to a PNP auto to manual harness.

·
Heylookitsbret
74 Posts
my friend has a zx2 and he said to take off my knock sensor and it will give me some more HP is this true?? will nething be messed up?!?! if so is it reversable like a check engine light or what?? is it under the intake manifold??

·
I Deliver Porsches
1,563 Posts
my friend has a zx2 and he said to take off my knock sensor and it will give me some more HP is this true?? will nething be messed up?!?! if so is it reversable like a check engine light or what?? is it under the intake manifold??
will nething be messed up?
yeah itll knock... but a little knock never hurt anything. :nuts:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
:lolspit: wtf are you serious
while ur at it just set all your fuel cells to 21 an floor it. That would be an equally incredibly good idea!!

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
Good grief :uh: Don't ever let him touch your car. And since you didn't know he was full of crap -- you have a lot to learn before you go modding it either. A lot of guys wanting that "more HP!!!" have ended up in the Eclipse Graveyard forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hay I just swapped a 2.4 l in to a 2001 eclpise spyder auto from a 2000 eclipse both are 2.4l one in it has a knock sencor the old one did not how do I fix this issue it won't even start how do I add or bypass this

1 - 20 of 20 Posts