Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having this issue since I bought the car and it has very little acceleration too the point where it's hard too drive it and when it's driving it will like big down I will be trying too accelerate and the rpms will drop too 500 and stay down until I release the pedal and press it and it doesn't do it first try I have too do that a few times any ideas as too what could cause this

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
566 Posts
It has 2 temperature sensor codes a misfire in cylinder 3 which is a new code and then the transmission range control
What have you done to correct the problems ? If you have #3 misfiring, the other 2 cylinders on that O2 sensor are going to be running lean. So THREE cylinders will be affected. The O2 sensor reads all three cylinders and averages the mixture. No wonder it has no power. ...J.D.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What have you done to correct the problems ? If you have #3 misfiring, the other 2 cylinders on that O2 sensor are going to be running lean. So THREE cylinders will be affected. The O2 sensor reads all three cylinders and averages the mixture. No wonder it has no power. ...J.D.
So it was reading that there was a misfire in cylinder 4 and we changed out all the spark plugs and wires that run back to the coils and that solved the misfire in cylinder 4 and then the next start up after we cleared all the codes it pulled a cylinder 3 misfire and before we fixed the misfire in cylinder 4 it still had no power

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
566 Posts
Is this a V-6 ? If so you might also take a look at the distributor. The cap and rotor only last about 60k mi. I have changed mine twice. Both times due to misfiring. You have to pull the air cleaner, battery, and battery tray to get to them, but it is not a difficult job. Just make sure you get all the plug wires back in thier correct locations. ...J.D.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this a V-6 ? If so you might also take a look at the distributor. The cap and rotor only last about 60k mi. I have changed mine twice. Both times due to misfiring. You have to pull the air cleaner, battery, and battery tray to get to them, but it is not a difficult job. Just make sure you get all the plug wires back in thier correct locations. ...J.D.
Yes it is the v6 and I can take a look at that tomorrow possibly what should I look for in the cap I'm 18 and still learning how to do this

·
Registered
566 Posts
Pull the cap off the distributor. Look for burned or corroded contacts on the inside of the cap. Look for tip of the rotor burned away. Replace as needed. Just make very sure you get each spark plug wire back in the correct hole on the new cap as it was on the old one. Cap is held on the distributor with two screws. Rotor just pulls off the shaft. Enjoy. 😉...J.D.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pull the cap off the distributor. Look for burned or corroded contacts on the inside of the cap. Look for tip of the rotor burned away. Replace as needed. Just make very sure you get each spark plug wire back in the correct hole on the new cap as it was on the old one. Cap is held on the distributor with two screws. Rotor just pulls off the shaft. Enjoy. 😉...J.D.
Thank you I will test when I can

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT
473 Posts
We need to know exactly what codes you have, like P0304 or whatever. "Temperature sensor code" is too vague to be helpful.

But knowing the actual code will point directly to the affected system, like your fuel pump, coolant, MAF, intake plenum, or O2 system. All of those have temperature sensors.

When you're replacing the distributor and rotor, also verify that you installed the spark plug wires correctly when you first replaced them. 1 3 5 are the cylinders closest to the firewall.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yes, there are some other issues going on here, but it is better to attack the issues, one at a time. I suspect some things I will not get into yet. ... J.D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts