Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have on 00 eclipse 59000 miles. so a few days ago i go outside and my clutch is completely loose. Its fine the night before. so i get it towed to a shop to get it looked at. so hes going to fix the clutch for $130 he said something about air getting somewhere or something i dont really know. But anyways he leaves my car outside over night. His policy is to leave the doors unlocked because he doesnt want to pay for a broken window in the case of a break in. i didnt know this until afterwards. so my car gets broken into that night and my subs amp and capacitor are gone. They ripped off my center dash piece but could not get my alpine radio out. My faceplate was taken off but left on the passenger seat. They also hit their head on my rear view mirror and cracked it and it was on the floor. I also had a handheld GPS system in the glove compartment which was opened but they left the nav system in there. I just dont understand what kind of policy leaving the doors unlocked overnight is. Stupid ass shop and stupid ass thief.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What legitimate shop only charges $130 to fix a clutch. :lol:
I really didnt pay much attention to the clutch at the time because i was worried about everything else. At first his quote was up around $700 but then he looked at it and said only $130 But i guess he said something about putting some fluid and something and letting air out. i really dont know. but i could just go get me the 240sx in the parking lot because his policy is to leave the doors unlocked in saginaw michigan which is on the top 100 cities in the U.S. with the most crime.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Umm, $130 bucks, might have just bled the clutch to get all of the air out and refilled it? But yeah, every shop that I've had my car at, they either put it in a garage or its in a locked gate, keys in the building, doors locked. I'd be contacting a lawyer and seeing if you can hold him liable for the missing property. Unless you signed a waiver or document that said you're okay with it being outside overnight, unattended or under surveillance, with unlocked doors then I'm sure you won't have a problem in court if it goes that far. Maybe just having a lawyer call him to try and settle it will be enough.

That or you can call your insurance if you have theft coverage on aftermarket things, you'll have to pay the deductible though -.-

·
Low and Slow.
1,875 Posts
For $130, your slave cylinder went out on you. Its a simple fix really. New slave cylinder, new brake fluid, a friend, and 15 minutes and it could have been done for less than $85.

His insurance should cover it shouldnt it? Seeing as how it was on his property? I'm not 100% on the legalities...

·
Topless = Way to go
635 Posts
his insurance should be covering your losses
That happened to me, but I was pretty sure that the perps were really the same mechanics at the shop, they stole everything and cut the cables neatly and didn't break a thing, I'd say too neatly. Also the fact that the car was on a hoist 6ft over the floor could also be a nice indicative. Their insurance covered everything but I had to get receipts of everything that was stolen, I also couldn't move the car from the location and that was when they also stole the wheels. No biggie since I got receipts for everything at MSRP so what I bought cheap I got for the original list price and for my headaches they gave me a check totaling $7,000 + the car when the car wasn't even worth $5,000 as a whole including the subs, amps, wheels and tv's.

I really have to thank the irresponsible and crooked mechanics as they almost paid in full for my Spyder. :fawk::ndance::ndance::ndance:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That happened to me, but I was pretty sure that the perps were really the same mechanics at the shop, they stole everything and cut the cables neatly and didn't break a thing, I'd say too neatly. Also the fact that the car was on a hoist 6ft over the floor could also be a nice indicative. Their insurance covered everything but I had to get receipts of everything that was stolen, I also couldn't move the car from the location and that was when they also stole the wheels. No biggie since I got receipts for everything at MSRP so what I bought cheap I got for the original list price and for my headaches they gave me a check totaling $7,000 + the car when the car wasn't even worth $5,000 as a whole including the subs, amps, wheels and tv's.

I really have to thank the irresponsible and crooked mechanics as they almost paid in full for my Spyder. :fawk::ndance::ndance::ndance:
Yeah it might have been the mechanics at the shop. Because he told me they always leave all the cars out in the parking lot unlocked, but when i asked some people i know who went there they told me they always lock their doors. And all the wiring was nicely cut off. and i noticed when i went to look at the damage that my radio was set on the same radio station that was playing at the shop. and my bass was turned up higher then i had it when i turned the car in. He tried to blame it on me because appparently there was a tauras or something with a sub in it which didnt get stolen. lol. Anyways they have to replace everything. Their insurance covers it but the shop has to pay a $500 deductible. Works for me because i bought my system used and he has to replace it brand new. And they scratched my head unit and stole my volume knob so i get a free alpine head unit too.

·
Topless = Way to go
635 Posts
Yeah it might have been the mechanics at the shop. Because he told me they always leave all the cars out in the parking lot unlocked, but when i asked some people i know who went there they told me they always lock their doors. And all the wiring was nicely cut off. and i noticed when i went to look at the damage that my radio was set on the same radio station that was playing at the shop. and my bass was turned up higher then i had it when i turned the car in. He tried to blame it on me because appparently there was a tauras or something with a sub in it which didnt get stolen. lol. Anyways they have to replace everything. Their insurance covers it but the shop has to pay a $500 deductible. Works for me because i bought my system used and he has to replace it brand new. And they scratched my head unit and stole my volume knob so i get a free alpine head unit too.
Verify that there aren't any electrical problem present because of the robbery that should also be informed to the insurance company. Good luck.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i finally got my car back and i got a really nice upgrade to what i had before. i bought my used kicker comps in sealed box with an old kenwood amp and a decent capacitor for about 300 total. i got that replaced with new punch p2 12's in a nice ported box, an 08 kenwood kac 7204 amp, capacitor, and a new kenwood deck. professionally installed. and i didnt have to pay anything. It actually worked out much better then i thought it would.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.