Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I was a kid Ive always wanted an eclipse so when I turned 16 I began looking for a 2g gst for my first car. I browed all the classifieds to find a few and even checked some auction yards and thats when I came across a 3g spyder and fell in love with the platform, even more so than the 2g. So after a couple months of looking at all trim levels of the 3g I had finally found the one that was beckoning me. It was a black 2004 gs with 117k miles on the clock with an almost immaculate interior and all maintenance was up to date. So I bought the car my junior year of high school and it has been my daily ever since. I am now in my second semester of college and the car is still running strong. Since then I have gotten it repainted, lowered it and put some new wheels on it as well as an intake and gt side skirts.
IMG_0042.JPG

When I first bought it
20190219_063605.jpg

Paint cancer just kept getting worse
20190430_184742.jpg

When it got its new color!
20200120_151450.jpg

Dropped on Megan Racing Coilovers
20200123_111337.jpg

With the gsr wheels

Thats how it sits currently and I am awaiting some new turn signals in the mail and plan to hopefully Brembo swap in the summer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good looking car! Love that tire / wheel combo. Fills the wells nicely! What size rim / tires?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good looking car! Love that tire / wheel combo. Fills the wells nicely! What size rim / tires?
They're Evo X gsr wheels with 235/40 tires. They had 245s on but they rubbed way too much for me. This setup only rubs a little at almost full lock but I'm gonna hammer in the fender box things to clear the tires.

Sweet! You Torched it! Good call (y)
You're build thread has given me so much inspiration to build my car instead of selling it! It's a bummer that yours had to go.

·
Because Ricecar
774 Posts
Aww very nice of you to say. There are days when I really miss the ol' girl. I'll just have to live vicariously through yours!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it all washed today and noticed that a couple of the wheel caps fell out. Got some new ones in the mail already. Dont mind the bad angles

I absolutely love this color in the sun!

·
Because Ricecar
774 Posts
It's a great color, changes dramatically with the lighting. It can be light blue, dark blue, purple, green - and the flake is awesome. One of my favorite pictures of the paint on my old car, right after I claybarred it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, the paint really is an awesome color!

If anyone is bored and wants to help a fellow 3g'er out, I cant seem to find some clear/smoked front turn signals for the 03+ anywhere. I ordered some of the pre-facelift ones and I could maybe grind them down to fit the angle but I would rather not. So if anyone could find a set or is selling a set that would be much appreciated!

And got around to some resto work the other day and it turns out that a heat gun plus some patience can get a lot of scratches out. I tried that method in the back cargo area and it turned out great!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yea, the paint really is an awesome color!

If anyone is bored and wants to help a fellow 3g'er out, I cant seem to find some clear/smoked front turn signals for the 03+ anywhere. I ordered some of the pre-facelift ones and I could maybe grind them down to fit the angle but I would rather not. So if anyone could find a set or is selling a set that would be much appreciated!

And got around to some resto work the other day and it turns out that a heat gun plus some patience can get a lot of scratches out. I tried that method in the back cargo area and it turned out great!
I took a quick look and am not seeing any available at the moment. It seems a lot of the aftermarket parts (exhaust, radiators, headlights, light housings, etc) come and go

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for giving it a glance. Looks like Ill try to mold the 00-02 ones that I have lying around then, if that doesnt work then I guess I can just tint them? I dont know how that will look in comparison though. Ill post some pics when I get around to the signals

·
Because Ricecar
774 Posts
Yes! Thanks a million! Already ordered them, I was beginning to think that nobody was gonna sell some.
No prob. I was a little surprised how much I had to dig for them, but I guess aftermarket parts for this car aren't in such high demand anymore. It was easy finding them when I was originally looking years ago.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:
Gotta around to cleaning the interior again. Tried out my ceramic detailing spray by Meguiars and it actually turned out really good, gave it a nice matte clean finish. Also got my fuel door plastidipped black till I can fins an aluminum one from the local pick n pull and tried out some plastidip like tint on the rear tails and 3rd brake light. Also messaging Nerd about some of his leftover parts so hopefully some of his car can live on in mine! Snapped some pics as well ..

·
Because Ricecar
774 Posts
Man you're making me miss my car! I will say, tinted tails is a little frowned upon (for safety reasons), so try to get some black TYC tail lights asap. Your year would use 2nd gens, but you can make the 1st gens fit with easy modifications to the pigtails.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So in doing some research on Brembos, Ive been doing some reading and it seems that X fronts mount in the same location as the 8's do just requires a larger mounting bolt. My question is that if thats the case would running the larger rotors clear everything up front? I am running X wheels so I know that those would clear, just wondering if anything else could get in the way.

And on another note, got some new headlights in the mail and quite a heavy box from nerd is on its way?. Gonna have a blast getting everything together!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts