Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Update:
  • Got the correct turn signals installed as well as the new headlights that I ordered, they came in a couple days ago and I cant believe the difference that they make to the appearance of the car!
  • As far as new parts for the future, my special box should be in today so I will get some goodies installed and the bigger part is gonna wait till Im done deciding on which route to go. Either Brembos or my buddy who has an evo is telling me to just go pads/rotors/lines since I wont be tracking the car much more than maybe a few times a year. This is also the same consensus that Im getting from a few others as well, so Im stuck thinking in which direction to go. There are pluses and minuses to both sides so Ive got some thinking to do.
  • Lastly heres a couple of pictures?
  • More to come when mores installed!

·
Because Ricecar
774 Posts
AH! Crazy what lights can do! Looks so good. Keep an eye on the headlights, some aftermarket ones can have fogging issues. There's a pretty easy fix, so let me know if it happens to yours and I can help. It's neat that you had your side view mirrors painted. I personally liked having them black, but some prefer the color matched look. It makes your car unique at least.
As for the Brembos, it's a big investment. I'm on the side of saving the money and just getting a decent brake kit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I gots a box! Huge thanks to Nerd for helping me out with this.
Rear disc conversion

RRE rear strut tower bar

Razo shift knob

Super excited to get the bar and knob installed and still collectong pieces to do all the brakes at once. I scored a super good deal on a set of Evo X Brembo calipers for $250 just gotta go pick those up. I know the fronts will fit, I just have to bore out the mounting hole for the larger hardware. The rears are gonna be another story, I haven't found ang documented info on anyone putting rear X calipers on any eclipse so itll be fun being the guinea pig. If they just dont wind up working Im sure I can sell them and use the money for evo 8/9 rear calipers.
And I was in the same boat as you Nerd with just getting pads and rotors but this was too good of a deal to pass up. Its gonna be a fun time once I get all the parts together.

Theres the update for now?

·
Because Ricecar
774 Posts
Wow. That's actually a really good deal. I don't blame ya haha.
I always wanted to install that bar, but I kept using my trunk for hauling stuff lol. The knob doesn't feel as comfortable as stock when you are just resting your hand on it, but it's way more fun in manual mode :)

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,997 Posts
Congrats on getting the Brembos! You will absolutely love the stopping power you get from those. Yours I look exlikely like mine when when I first got them. If they have been sitting around without brake fluid in them, I highly recommend getting them resealed and cleaned. I went from red to black. Love them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
They're gonna be awsome oncw they are in and all set up. And now I just have to think of a color that I would like on them. Im thinking about goldish/bronze, white, or just keeping them red. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,997 Posts
I went from red to black with white lettering. Your goldess/bronze might be really cool. Depends if you want the calipers too ‘pop’ visually or be more subtle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Those look really nice! Ive never seen black rotors before, is it just a coating? And as far as colors I think Im leaning more towards the gold/bronze color, just enough flare for me(y)

·
Because Ricecar
774 Posts
I feel like white would be a nightmare to keep clean. Red is classic. I really liked how gold looked on my calipers, but I kinda always wished I had found a legit bronze.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,997 Posts
Just painted rotors. The paint came off pretty quick as the brakes were breaking in. Can't wait to see yours when done.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I feel like white would be a nightmare to keep clean. Red is classic. I really liked how gold looked on my calipers, but I kinda always wished I had found a legit bronze.
Yea, the more I think about it the more Im leaning towards the bronze if I can find a good one.
Just painted rotors. The paint came off pretty quick as the brakes were breaking in. Can't wait to see yours when done.
Thats interesting about the rotors, a corrosion resistant coating Im guessing? And I cant wait to get everything done!
Congrats man. The brembos is look like in good condition.
Thanks! They just need a freshening up and Im probably gonna get them rebuilt.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,997 Posts
Yeah, I believe that's the same high heat caliper paint as the brembos. My goal was to let the brake pads take the material they needed, and then the rest of the rotor would have paint on it and not rust. Makes everything look nice.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yeah, I believe that's the same high heat caliper paint as the brembos. My goal was to let the brake pads take the material they needed, and then the rest of the rotor would have paint on it and not rust. Makes everything look nice.
Thats really interesting, how is the paint holding up?

On another note, got this installed a couple of days ago.

Ive also got the RRE rear strut bar in, I just need to get a good picture of it. And the person that I am buying the Brembo calipers off of gets back from his trip next Tuesday so Ive gotta be patient on those. Also waiting to order the rotors and pads till I find out if I can mount the rear calipers without too much trouble. Thats pretty much all thats happened since the last update.
Also rolled over 128k the other day

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Been a while since an update so here we go.

The Brembo deal wound up falling through so that sucked but I did finish the rear disc conversion and just replaced the pads and rotors for now.

Car has been driving like a dream and not giving me any issues and driving through the canyons is a blast.

Ordered some Avalon King ceramic coating and planning on applying that within the next couple of days, will hopefully upload photos of the finished product.

Other than that just been busy with work and school.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Been a while since an update so here we go.

The Brembo deal wound up falling through so that sucked but I did finish the rear disc conversion and just replaced the pads and rotors for now.

Car has been driving like a dream and not giving me any issues and driving through the canyons is a blast.

Ordered some Avalon King ceramic coating and planning on applying that within the next couple of days, will hopefully upload photos of the finished product.

Other than that just been busy with work and school.
As soon as my car is moving again I can test the Endeavor front brake swap I did to know if those have enough stopping power or if I need the Brembos again. If I don't end up needing the Brembos I'll let you know!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Since Ive last posted Ive ceramic coated my car myself, quite easy to apply and the results are absolutely phenomenal especially considering that the 3 year kit is only $60. Ive been tossing around the idea of bronze or white wheels on my car and finally said why not and plastidipped them white. Didn't turn out too bad but I think I prefer the black on my car. Other than that she's still fantastic! I went for a spirited canyon drive with my buddy and had a blast with the car set up like this.
Now to the pictures!
A basic side shot, I need to get a better one sometime soon.

A beautiful ceramic coated hood!

And an angle of the wing!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
It looks really nice, it seems like you are having fun on upgrading the looks and performance of this car.
Yes! It has been extremely fun upgrading this car and it has gotten to the point where my money would be better invested into a better platform. Hoping to test drive a few cars by the end of the year but I will definitely keep the eclipse as I still enjoy driving it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Its been a while since I last posted but the car has been amazing as it always has been and its life under my ownership is soon to be over. Over the last year I have been debating doing an engine build on this car or to look for a new platform and have decided to do the latter. Come the end of the year now and I have my eyes set on a beautiful Millennium Yellow c5 Corvette that I plan on purchasing come the end of December. Its been a fun ride but now its time to upgrade and go faster! Thank you all who have helped in this build and I will always be stopping by here every now and then.

A last pic and one of the soon to be
20200916_134504.jpg

Screenshot_20201116-081848_Chrome.jpg

21 - 40 of 42 Posts