Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ripp'd 3.5L
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share with you from personal experience. . . .

If you can "smell" fuel comming from your engine bay, do not ignore it for a few days and wait till the "weekend" like I did....

above, 2 leaking fuel injectors. . .the fuel that was comming out from these two "finally" caught fire. Luckily I was already trouble shooting a different problem when this happend (gave me enough time to grab a fire extinguisher to put out the fire).

so again.....if you smell fuel comming from the engine bay. fix it asap! :lol:

·
Ripp'd 3.5L
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i forgot to mention, if you look closely at the top of the injectors, the o-rings themselves were damaged during installation. Probably due to the fact that when i was installing them the first time around, it was below 10 degrees outside (rubber becomes fragile as it gets colder)

·
Ripp'd 3.5L
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bosch makes both o2 sensors and spark plugs ...

spark plugs are cheap.....injectors are not cheap lol

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
i forgot to mention, if you look closely at the top of the injectors, the o-rings themselves were damaged during installation. Probably due to the fact that when i was installing them the first time around, it was below 10 degrees outside (rubber becomes fragile as it gets colder)
The injectors themselves might have been fine then...at least until they tried to mimic roasted marshmellows that is...my bet would be the o-rings were the source of your leak, not the injectors...

Oh, and 04gsNA is a great seller and is practically giving those injectors away...I'd highly recommend you take him up on the offer...:bigthumb:

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
The injectors themselves might have been fine then...at least until they tried to mimic roasted marshmellows that is...my bet would be the o-rings were the source of your leak, not the injectors...

Oh, and 04gsNA is a great seller and is practically giving those injectors away...I'd highly recommend you take him up on the offer...:bigthumb:
thanks Kidney:)

·
Ripp'd 3.5L
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

the damage was "cosmetic" for the most part. . . .except for where the injector clips welded themselves onto the injectors :noplease:

Either way, I have an extra set of 275cc injectors :D (I have two 6G74's lol)

So all in all. . . Problem fixed. I just swapped over some o-rings from the other set and kept the nice and toasty injectors on the wiring harness. . . .all is back in the car, hooked up and ready to go ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts