Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can cause lean condition only at idle? any help pls?

the car has SDS stage1, blackbox, and ripp headers. Tried to change the fuel pressure around 45-50 psi, no difference. Took the car cruising, feels ok, A/F bouncing lean-rich. Stop and idle, A/F stay lean. :confused:

·
54,396 Posts
are the o2's functioning correctly? the engine guages wether its running rich or lean from the o2 sensors and then adjusts the amout of fuel according to that the reading from the mass. so its probably the mass or the o2? make sure everything is connected well...throwing any codes?

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
Bitter said:
are the o2's functioning correctly? the engine guages wether its running rich or lean from the o2 sensors and then adjusts the amout of fuel according to that the reading from the mass. so its probably the mass or the o2? make sure everything is connected well...throwing any codes?
:agreed:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Umm its called open loop mode i believe. It runs lean at idle for emissions sake. all ODB2 cars do it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohm-ed O2s, they are ok. Found out this is because I changed the vacum line that goes to ripp MAP sensor. if the map doesn't get vacum (only boost) everything is smooth. idling nice. when it sees vacum, idle is abit rough and lean. Today I throw P0340,P0335 (Crankshaft and Camshaft posision sensor malfunction). Is it bad MAP sensor? how to test this thing?

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
Becak said:
ohm-ed O2s, they are ok. Found out this is because I changed the vacum line that goes to ripp MAP sensor. if the map doesn't get vacum (only boost) everything is smooth. idling nice. when it sees vacum, idle is abit rough and lean. Today I throw P0340,P0335 (Crankshaft and Camshaft posision sensor malfunction). Is it bad MAP sensor? how to test this thing?
MAP sensor measures pressure, your Crankshaft & Camshaft sensors are an entirely different beasts all together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts