Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I noticed there was only like one or two pics of leather seats from leatherseats.com, so I decided to post some of mine. I have to say, it was not as bad of an install as I thought. They may not look perfect, but I don't care, because it looks ten times better than the factory cloth. I just got these for Christmas, and it was my first time ever doing this. I love them to death and the seat warmers as well. :) I definately recommend leatherseats.com and the DIY kit. I would have killed myself without that hog pin tool. Oh yeah, the emboridery is "eclipse gt" in casey cursive.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks hijacker and kidney bean . I'm happy with them. All of friends think they look really good as well. My hands were in pain for two days after that install. But it was definately worth it.

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
looks good in the front, could probably pull it a little tighter in the back, but than again who uses or looks in the back seats of these cars.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Thanks hijacker and kidney bean . I'm happy with them. All of friends think they look really good as well. My hands were in pain for two days after that install. But it was definately worth it.
But it was definitely worth it. I see WAY to many people who just through these things on and expect it to work, and thats not the way to do it. Granted, there are a few spots you could work some more, heat, stretch, stuff, etc to correct - but overall, I think you did an outstanding job for your first shot at it.

Way to stay motivated and do the job right. eRep. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, the driver seat was the last one and I was exhausted. There were some areas, especially where the emboridery was, that I just could not figure out how to do right. I was weary to use the spray adhesive where the heater pads were, so that sored of messed with them as well. The backseat leather seemed a little big for the cushion and since there no places to hog pin, I was reliant on the glue then. And the backbench was where I started, so it was guinea pig. But the silver insert matches the rest of my car and I am proud. woo-hoo!

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
But it was definitely worth it. I see WAY to many people who just through these things on and expect it to work, and thats not the way to do it. Granted, there are a few spots you could work some more, heat, stretch, stuff, etc to correct - but overall, I think you did an outstanding job for your first shot at it.
I agree, there are a few small bad spots, but overall very impressed with your first time DIY interior work. Very nice!

·
Pandora
864 Posts
did you get just the seat warmers or did you get the massage\seat warmer package? im curious about the massage option and if they are bulky and could be felt through the leather.....Kinda funny you posted this....was looking into doing a custom diy and i was going to look into doing it all custom but this will save a lot of time specially with the wireless remote seat warmer\massage option. I have a bad back and usually spend a lot of time driving so i bought a massage overlay but like i said the massagers are bulky and are noticable when your sitting for longer than 15 minutes (when they arent on of course) plus i had to get leather covers for my already leather seats and they slide off all the time which is why i was going to do a custom job....

The one thing i didnt like is their exotic CF is the fake vinyl CF look alike...

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
actually i've viewed the carbon fiber vinyl in person (i do auto interiors and get all the samples and that from various manufacturers) and it's actually been around for around 5 years and it is pretty close to actual car cloth as far as looks, the fibers are a touch thicker considering there plastic but it resembles the look quite well, and before anyone says anything all vinyl is, is a type of plastic.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I got the seat warmers w/o the massagers. I was afraid they were going to be bulky and a power killer. The heaters themselves are very thin. Thinner than the leather. But if you are still curious about the massagers, then call leatherseats.com. They are very nice and informative, although it was a little hard to understand them over the phone.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts