Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Faster than a turtle
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so about a week ago i did the HVAC and clock pod LED conversion and everything turn out ok, since i had the LED bulbs as a gift, i had to order the other bulbs that i didn't have for the gauges from superbright led's page. So i did.. i got them today and decided to put them on the same day, i did everything following the steps from the how to thread and checked if the bulbs work before putting everything back on, and they did. The problem is that the light from the LED bulbs doesn't shine through the OEM gauge face, so the light from the gauges is really really weak :( so i don't know what to do to fix this, do i have to get an aftermarket gauge face? or is there anything that i can do to fix the OEM gauge face so that the light from the LED's can shine through it? :dunno:

Ill appreciated any help or any suggestion thanks for the help guys :yesway:

·
Remember the Name
1,734 Posts
Ok so about a week ago i did the HVAC and clock pod LED conversion and everything turn out ok since i had the LED bulbs as a gift i had to order the other bulbs that i didn't have for the gauges from superbright led's page. So i did.. i got them today and decided to put them on the same day i did everything following the steps from the how to thread and checked if the bulbs work before putting everything back on and they did the problem is that the light from the LED bulbs doesn't shine through the OEM gauge face so the light from the gauges is really really weak so i don't know what to do to fix this do i have to get an aftermarket gauge face or is there anything that i can do to fix the OEM gauge face so that the light from the LED's can shine through it? :dunno:

Ill appreciated any help or any suggestion thanks for the help guys :yesway:
Dude, add some punctuation next time so i dont have to re-read your long ass run on sentence like 10 times:facepalm:

Anyways, post a picture up so we can get an idea of what you are talking about. When I did my swap, we sanded down the back of the gauges until all of that orange film was gone. Here is what it looks like:

·
Faster than a turtle
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
haha :lolspit: my bad, yeah i was thinking on doing that, sanding it down but i wasn't sure if it would work.. but i see that it does. I'll post some pictures tomorrow of how it looks now so you can get an idea of what im talking about. thanks for the suggestion :yesway:

·
GET CATS GET CASH
3,685 Posts
Yeah I was gonna mention dillons gauges, but he beat me to it ;) we just took some pretty rough sand paper and sanded down all the orange. The gauge face is pretty thick plastic so you don't have to worry about sanding through or breaking it. It only took us a few minutes to do the entire gauge face :)

·
Fuck salt.
5,170 Posts
100 grit would be alright??? I'd be afraid to have scratches shine through

1 - 8 of 8 Posts