Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so heres the deal. i've searched many places on here and the web and i still cant find exactly what im looking for. i know i can change the gauges but can anyone tell me where i can buy them? i just cant find them anywhere! on youtube i found some that change colors at certain rpms does anyone know where to find this? :mecry2: and also i want to change all the lights from my dash and my instrument panel (specially the clock display) from orange to something else.. is this possible? please help! BTW my GT is silver right now but im thinking about painting it black and making the car a black and red combination which is why i want to change the interior lights to red. do you think this would look good? any opinions and comments are welcome!! thanx!!

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
I've seen them before, but they were require some sort of circuit board controller that switches from one led to the other as your speed/rpm's increase.

I will see if I can find a link of one I found.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
the simple way.
you need red leds, and blue leds, essentially 2 banks (or even better red/blue dual color leds).
do not wire them to the normal traces, run your own wiring to them. get a shift light, and wire the output (the light bulb) to 2 relays. 1 turns on the red the other turns off the blue. the colors will swap places.
of course, you also have to remove the orange film first....

·
Boom
3,411 Posts
Changing all the interior lights in the car to led's is actually pretty easy, just follow the how to that was posted already. I don't see how you could really screw anything up, they are just small lightbulbs after all. If your going to be using red bulbs you really don't even need to remove the orange film from the gauge's so that's one step you won't have to do. The only part that would be a real pain in the ass would be to change the bulbs in the factory radio.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Changing all the interior lights in the car to led's is actually pretty easy, just follow the how to that was posted already. I don't see how you could really screw anything up, they are just small lightbulbs after all. If your going to be using red bulbs you really don't even need to remove the orange film from the gauge's so that's one step you won't have to do. The only part that would be a real pain in the ass would be to change the bulbs in the factory radio.
well i actually have a pioneer that lights up blue so im looking for a stereo thats red :ninja2:

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
there is one simple way to mess things up:
not disconnecting the battery first.

right jerseykid?

he was one of the people that still had his batt hooked up, and fried his gauges. as long as you disconnect during removal of the gauges, and install... heck disconnect the batt, start the job, then reconnect when finished, and you will be fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts