Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I love my 3G:D
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to swap out the stock gauge lighting for LED ones. Just wondering how many I need and if they are different sizes or what not. Generally, fill me in on how to do the swap. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,548 Posts
Im looking to swap out the stock gauge lighting for LED ones. Just wondering how many I need and if they are different sizes or what not. Generally, fill me in on how to do the swap. Thanks!
Did you even try searching? Don't say yes, because everyone knows you didn't. This has been done more times than someone can count.

BTW- This thread will probably be closed shortly for your ignorance.

A sticky in the Garage>show section. http://www.club3g.com/forum/show/1445-how-installing-interior-leds.html

Another Sticky in the Garage>show section.http://www.club3g.com/forum/show/425-how-change-interior-bulb-color.html

A quote out of my Member's ride thread that I've requoted multiple times, and was originally posted over a year ago.

Here's a list with pictures of all the LEDs i used from Superbrightleds.com
Rearview: (2)

Speedo: (6)

Center console: (6)

After doing this install you will notice hotspots, i believe that is because of the 1 LED which points forward, so i would recommend someone trying to get LEDs which don't point forward. Such as:
Speedo:

the pod chambers look like this: (with one vertically mounted LED in each chamber)
|_____|______|_____|
|_____|______|_____|
=====DISPLAY======

I hope this helps someone.
Another quote that I made last year and have requoted since.
swapped my speedo lights from
to

I haven't driven at night, but from what I've seen so far these are seem like an upgrade over the others.
And the ONLY reason that I'm giving you this information is so that when someone who uses the search function to find it out for themselves won't have another worthless locked thread with no information on it, thus, wasting their time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Jstewart, did the second set of bulbs for the speedo fix the hotspot problem? or should I still try the wax paper method you mentioned?

·
Suspended Seller
922 Posts
Hey Jstewart, did the second set of bulbs for the speedo fix the hotspot problem? or should I still try the wax paper method you mentioned?
I would still use the Wax paper Method to make it Very Even flow. It wouldn't hurt or cost much to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.