Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ECLIPTO
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wana put leds in each air vent, the vents that you can pull out that is. I bought some blue leds from radioshack but they really suck. First of all the wires that came out of them broke off so easily and second when I hooked them up to a battery they turned on but them slowly dimmed until they were completely off DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY THEY DO THAT.

And I was also wondering where I could get my hands on some better led singles??

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
I have a pretty good stack of single LED's that are inside a minature tube that "snap" into a 1/4 hole that you can drill for a flush mount. They're a clean "hyper white" color. Each are designed to connect directly to a 12V power source.

Ideal setup - connect them all in series and install a switch. At one point, I was going to put these on the underside of the rear deck lid (hidden) to add targetted light to the fiberglass trunk but changed my mind. I still have them if you're interested. I believe I have 8, but would have to double check.

PM me if thats what you're looking for.

·
B U
351 Posts
yep, most of the l.e.d.'s I bought/used/have are the same thing, the metal prongs break real easy so just have to be really careful on bending them.

Funny you just posted this because I just redid my clockpod led's tonight, since its age and the "cold" (in houston) kindof weakened it already... and i had to rewire my indiglo gauge, so I did both at the same time. Anyway, I'll post up some pictures in a bit about the resistors other members are talking about. Let me install my clockpod real quick :yesway:

update:
here are a sample photo (old led that I just took out) with some labels of how the resistor attach to the led.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts