Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched everywhere, google adn on here, but cant seem to find a clear cut answer. Are clear corners legal in NC as long as you keep the regular bulb? (if you get caught of course)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
It would really help in the future to at least list the state and maybe the topic in the title...

Are clear corners legal in NC?

That would get you a correct answer a lot faster...

·
Registered
61 Posts
check your state's website or go to a local government center and ask there.. that's the way to find the actual laws for it

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
in NC, to keep the clear corners legal you have to have an amber colored bulb. it doesnt matter what the housing is, as long as the light glows the orange color (for the front turns).

·
NorCal3G
1,560 Posts
Call up your local police department and ask =)

For the most part clear corners are legal in most places that im aware of but keep the stock bulb. As long they are amber or white turns signals your fine.

Hyper *anycolor* bulbs (even hyper white) however are illegal in most cases. Smoking the lenses can make it less noticable when changing to the hyper bulbs.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I agree that you are all good if you meet the following:
1) turn signal housing says "DOT Approved".
2) amber or clear/white bulb is used.

I've had no problems with mine in the 4 years I've had them. And I've had plenty of chances for cops to say something while they were writing me other tickets.

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
call the local dot, different places have diffferent laws, but in a nutshell is it's dot approved housing, clear/amber bulb that can be seen from the distance allotted in your states dot law.

·
I r bad spellr, stfu
4,028 Posts
Where r u in NC? If you are in a small town with Nazi cops then you might not want to. In Charlotte or RDU you rnight get away with it more until you get pulled then they love to write ricer cars multi tickets for stupid stuff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i live between two small towns so ill probaly call around just to make sure in both towns, there are alot of cars ive seen around with them but who knows and thanks for the information everyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts