Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decided I am going to "bin" my front license plate holder. The thing has been cracked and loose for years. Caught my pants leg on it for the last time walking past it in the garage. I have skinned my bare leg on that ugly "appendage" a few times too many. Parts on order. :censored: ...J.D.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where I live, I think a cop will make a U-turn in the middle of 4 lanes of traffic, and follow you for 2 blocks so he can ticket you for something like that. You would think they would have better things to do. I will post a picture when I get the rest of the parts. ...J.D.

· Super Moderator
54,086 Posts
You could build a bracket that'll bolt to the crash bar behind the bumper cover and stick forward and up to hold the plate without putting holes in the bumper. Someone here used to have that so they could pull the plate and bracket for car shows.

· Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have ordered a simple bracket that mounts in the original 2 lower holes . Not sure what I will do to plug the other two holes yet. My car is no show car. It gets driven several times a month. It has been my personal car for 18 years. I am usually the only one that drives it. I have another car and a pickup to share the duties. Just never liked the ugly plastic thing on the front bumper. Looks tacky. ...J.D.

· Registered
2005 Spyder GT
868 Posts
I have ordered a simple bracket that mounts in the original 2 lower holes . Not sure what I will do to plug the other two holes yet. My car is no show car. It gets driven several times a month. It has been my personal car for 18 years. I am usually the only one that drives it. I have another car and a pickup to share the duties. Just never liked the ugly plastic thing on the front bumper. Looks tacky. ...J.D.
Perhaps get a front grille and attach the plate to it using bolts and wing nuts...
may need to trim the plate to fit?

· Registered
2 Posts
Where I live, I think a cop will make a U-turn in the middle of 4 lanes of traffic, and follow you for 2 blocks so he can ticket you for something like that. You would think they would have better things to do. I will post a picture when I get the rest of the parts. ...J.D.
if ur in cali cops don’t care lol i only have my back license plate lol

· Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perhaps get a front grille and attach the plate to it using bolts and wing nuts...
may need to trim the plate to fit?
Yeh. My first instinct was to fabricate something [I have a small machine shop and fabricating skills]. I am NOT going to pay $56 for the original one, but I was out of flat stock and the needed hardware. Sometimes the simplest solution is to spend $10. ...J.D.

· Registered
1 Posts
I decided I am going to "bin" my front license plate holder. The thing has been cracked and loose for years. Caught my pants leg on it for the last time walking past it in the garage. I have skinned my bare leg on that ugly "appendage" a few times too many. Parts on order. :censored: ...J.D.
View attachment 45776
Have you already tossed it? I'm looking for one for 01 Spyder GT.

· Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I trashed it, but it was all cracked and had a couple of chunks missing. Sorry. Got the new pieces yesterday but did not have time to put it back together. ...J.D.

· Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
This project has been pushed to the back burner for now. I am not real happy how it looks, but other things have become a priority for the time being. Someone has broken into my mailbox for the third time this year, so I had to re-engineer the lock on the box to keep them from prying it open. I also have parts on order to rebuild one of the shower valve assemblies in the house. The shop is full of unfinished projects, so it is time to catch things up before I start anything new. The Eclipse continues to run well, so it will have to wait. ...J.D.
Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Light

1 - 12 of 12 Posts