Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I recently installed my green LEDs inside... I got a 4 piece but really only planned for my footwells. Left with 2 tubes left, I decided to light up the sides of the back, sounds weird but check the pics. I think it looks great from outside, and inside too. I'm not going to change it becuase other people might not like it, and all my feedback so far is good. My question is, is this legal? And since it probably isn't, then I'll just use em for show... :(

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
there is no law that im aware of that has anything to do with interior lights.

and which LED bars did you use? im looking at doing the same type of thing

·
Registered
132 Posts
theres is a lighting page on here on most states laws about that, u might want to search on here. IMO I think that green is def not cool, I have blue leds under my dash and I also have tan interior, i think it looks nice but my car is dover white and it flows well, but to each his own, jst make sure it the lighting does not bother other drivers, cus then u might get pulled over.

·
From the Internet
2,303 Posts
Looks good. I'm not one for green but it's nice. As far as legality, in LA, I haven't heard of a law about interior lighting. I know that if we have neons under the car/truck, then they must be off while driving. Parked is ok though.

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
first... I got them off ledunderbody.com Me and my friend have them and I trust them fully, cheap with great products. He also has underglow from them and loves it...

second... ya I'll search for that, I did originally but didn't find it, guess I didn't look far enough. But as for green, the camera distorts it a bit so this obviously isn't exactly what your eye would see, but like i said in my starter, I don't really care what people think of the color cuz I like it a lot. And the other thing is, my friend who got me into mods has blue LEDs interior and exterior and I didn't want to roll up next to him and look the same, that would just be weird.

The search I got didn't give any real laws for my state on interior lighting. Also could not find it through google. Some people say as long as you cant see light source. Others say as long as you cant see any different color. But if that's true, how do people get away with DVD players?

·
Registered
10 Posts
its depends on the cop that pulls you over if he wants to give u a ticket he can for something about blocking your view

·
Registered
124 Posts
I doubt he can give you a ticket for obstruction of view, its light, you can see through light, i really dont see it blocking your view at all.

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've driven around a little in a parking lot so its legal. I had no problem with seeing around, plus since I got the windows tinted yesterday, its much less noticable than before... The pics are with the tint tho so it's still enough of a glow that I think I'd probably better just leave it off except for show.

·
Registered
10 Posts
thats what i do i have 2 blue tubes under my dash i only put them on for show last thing i need is another moving ticket

·
Registered
10 Posts
I doubt he can give you a ticket for obstruction of view, its light, you can see through light, i really dont see it blocking your view at all.
with the way cops are on my end their use a story about a old woman getting blinding at night by the light or thinking its a way different light they always make a stupid story up but i hear u only the light thing i hardly doubt it blinds anyone i know i didn't

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:) Ya, guarantee if I'm at a red light, cops will arrest me just because they would think my green would make people go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys, I'm No_One21's friend. I don't have a 3g but here's the blue LED interior and underglow that I have.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
My question is, is this legal?
Check with your local/state laws. If the glare is a distraction to you or other drivers, you most likely will be cited for it. Until you know for sure, I recommend keeping them off unless you're off the street.

Hey guys, I'm No_One21's friend. I don't have a 3g but here's the blue LED interior and underglow that I have.
Umm.. ok - I don't see how this has anything to do with his question.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Umm.. ok - I don't see how this has anything to do with his question.
My bad. I just looked for the thread with his pictures in it so I could put mine with it.

·
Bringing sexy back
4,644 Posts
I've driven around a little in a parking lot so its legal. I had no problem with seeing around, plus since I got the windows tinted yesterday, its much less noticable than before... The pics are with the tint tho so it's still enough of a glow that I think I'd probably better just leave it off except for show.
So because you drove in a parking lot makes it legal? lol

·
King Shango
3,077 Posts
:) Ya, guarantee if I'm at a red light, cops will arrest me just because they would think my green would make people go.
I think your more likely to get harrased if the light shines up past the clockpod where drivers behind can also see it. Anything from the windows down IMO is ok. Dont drive with them on and you wont be harrased, Also instead of making people go you better make sure they dont run into the back of your car!!!!!!!!!

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
I've driven around a little in a parking lot so its legal.
Its not legal, its still illegal. You can get pulled over for speeding in a parking lot, its not a "safe zone." :noplease:

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its not legal, its still illegal. You can get pulled over for speeding in a parking lot, its not a "safe zone." :noplease:
I never said I was speeding in a parking lot... and you can't get pulled over for speeding in a parking lot if theres no posted speed. Reckless Driving, you could be screwed for... and anyways when I said it's legal driving in a parking lot, I mean having the lights on. It's off road. Cops have never done shit if I have them on there and I haven't found a law against it.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I've heard that you can't have the same color lights as the cops in your state. I.E. red, red/blue, blue. Well, N.C. at least. But thats just what I have heard.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
I never said I was speeding in a parking lot... and you can't get pulled over for speeding in a parking lot if theres no posted speed. Reckless Driving, you could be screwed for... and anyways when I said it's legal driving in a parking lot, I mean having the lights on. It's off road. Cops have never done shit if I have them on there and I haven't found a law against it.
Wow you can't read can you. I was giving you an example of how the parking lot is not a "safe zone". I was talking about how you could still get a ticket. And in most parking lots there is a speed limit and if there isn't and your driving like a moron, like you said you can be cited for reckless driving.

Oh and if "cops have never done shit" go pull up to a cop and turn your lights on. I GUARANTEE you will get a ticket.

Neon License Plate Light Ticket

1 - 20 of 35 Posts