Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello peeps!
I have had a problem with my lights (parking and turning lights) as you can see in this video:

Mitsubishi Eclipse turning lights problem. - YouTube

Sometimes when I turn the key into the ON position my parking lights and turning lights won't work. I have to go back to ACC and then back into ON and check if they work. Sometimes they work on the first try but some other times it takes up to 7 tries for them to turn on. Also, if I turn on one turning light with the key in ACC and then put it in ON, the turning light stays on even if I try to turn it off.

This problem has been present since the day I bought my 3g two years ago and now that I'm trying to sell it, it has become annoying. Have any of you here experienced the same? How can I solve this? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're going to need to do some intense electrical diagnosis involving the ignition switch, body control module, and turn signal switch.
I am between 0 and basic on the scale of electrical knowledge :happysad: is it possible for me to do it or should I take it to an electrician to see?

·
Registered
124 Posts
if you know nothing about electricity and circuits, then take it to a GOOD shop not some joe blow auto repair, But just to let you know it can get pricey troubleshooting for electrical problems....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you know nothing about electricity and circuits, then take it to a GOOD shop not some joe blow auto repair, But just to let you know it can get pricey troubleshooting for electrical problems....
I guess it's a price I'll have to pay for the car to have zero issues, unless the potential buyer has no problem in turning the key 4 to 5 times in order for lights to work properly :p. No ideas as to what could be the cause? Just want to try anything that's within my possibilities before having to spend any money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts