Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so -- My 2001 Eclipse Spyder GS 4 speed Tiptronic is stuck in Limp Mode, 3rd gear.

There is a 10A fuse under the dash that pops every time I turn the key. The Fuse Symbol is a headlight with an R inside.

4th fuse from the top, right column. There is a blank under it, and then the cigarette lighter.

I need help Identifying this fuse.

Secondly, when it's in limp mode, the battery doesn't charge at all. It just runs until it dies.

Obviously -- One would assume there is a dead short somewhere, but without knowing what that fuse is for, I'm not sure where to start looking.

The alternator worked fine up until it went into limp mode, so I'm sure the alternator is fine and this is a computer issue/short.

The circled fuse is the one that needs to be identified.

Thanks, in advance.

P.S.

When the fuse popped for the first time, I changed it and everything worked fine for about 3 minutes, and then it popped again. Now it pops every time I start the car, instantly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nothing. I was riding passenger with my father, we we're driving, and it randomly went into limp mode.

I never added any aftermarket anything on the car, if that's what you were getting at?

I had a magnaflow exhaust added years ago.... besides that nothing but oil changes and spark plugs.

Nothing recently right before it happened...

I was wondering if it was the PCM, and it appears that it is. So it could be anything from a short in my reverse lights to something as serious as a PCM/ECU.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the delay, I had an internet outage, but the issue is now resolved.

Exposed wire in the harness -> Direct Short in the RevLights/PCM/ECU circuit.

All is well now, out of limp mode, runs like new.

Thanks guys.

P.S.

My alternator was bad, had nothing to do with the short, talk about shitty lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for the delay, I had an internet outage, but the issue is now resolved.

Exposed wire in the harness -> Direct Short in the RevLights/PCM/ECU circuit.

All is well now, out of limp mode, runs like new.

Thanks guys.

P.S.

My alternator was bad, had nothing to do with the short, talk about shitty lol.
Where was the wire broken at im having the same issue mine causing my brake lights bot to work to

1 - 7 of 7 Posts