Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Here's the deal. I live in the crappy state of Indiana. :rant2: And I drive a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. It's a sports transmission...the auto with the manual switchover. I'm not sure on the correct term? :dunno: Anyways...I'm looking for a full Evo8 head, valve cover for the sexiness that is the Evo, intake manifold, and a high quality turbo manifold and turbocharger. I'm looking at the AMS intake manifold and the AMS or Tomei turbo manifold. Are these good quality pieces? I'm going for show and go...so I want good looking name brand parts without sacrificing performance. :cool: I'm also planning on using a Brian Crower stroker as well. I still don't know what turbo to buy? I've been eyeing an offering made by Greddy. And I still have no idea where to get an Evo8 head? No one is willing to sell them and there aren't many wrecks sitting around. Can someone throw some suggestions my way? Thanxs for the help!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great. Do you have any feedback on the other parts I'm looking at?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yea the AMS is pretty good name brand stuff that is well known on evolutionm. Just search some more around the evolutionm forums. What kind of budget are you working with?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My budgets pretty loose. Roughly 7 grand? Give or take...

·
Registered
339 Posts
There are plenty of turbo setups listed in the forced induction section. Just go there and look at other peoples setups and see what they are using.

I would suggest that you either sell your car and buy one with a manual, or swap the transmission.

For the evo head just look up the parts list by flashbluers.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already have a 5 speed sitting in my garage. They're pretty hard lil bastards to find! They're different from the later models? Don't ask me how. Ha. Also have new SPEC street/strip clutch, slave cylinder, clutch pedal setup, and all necessary lines. Oh...and thanks for the link! Found an Evo head already! Expensive as hell too! Like $3900! Ridiculous!!! That's without a valve cover. Might purchase tonight. Ready to get this project rolling.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe this was a cosworth with 1mm oversized valves, 3 angle valve job, and port and polish. It'd probably save me money in the long run of things. I planned on doing those things anyways. I'm trying to break the 450HP mark. It's my track car/show car. The two don't mix, but oh well.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On second thought...after looking at that link...that's a hell of a difference! Screw Cosworth!

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
There was an entire 2006 Evo motor with intake, turbo and block on eBay that had 18K on it and sold for like 2600 hundred, so that's too high for just a head in my opinion.

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
yea, if you buy an engine, you would get the intake mani/TB/sensors needed to do the swap. If you just buy a bare head, you'll end up spending lots of cash in the long run getting all the little pieces

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea, if you buy an engine, you would get the intake mani/TB/sensors needed to do the swap. If you just buy a bare head, you'll end up spending lots of cash in the long run getting all the little pieces
I already have a few of the things I'm going to need. Stock Evo 8 head, Weapon-R intake manifold, stock Evo 8 throttle body, and a Greddy T67 25G turbo kit. All I'm missing for the head is a valve cover.

I have a few questions:

1.)What sensors will I need?
2.)Are they stock Evo 8 units that I can purchase at the dealership?
3.)Is there a list on these forums anywhere that I can get a FULL list of all the little things I'll need to do the swap?
3.)Could I go ahead and mount the intake manifold onto my stock GS head?
Or will I need a spacer like the turbo manifold in order for it to have enough
clearance? Because I want to install it! I can't resist its shinyness any longer!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
1.)What sensors will I need?
2.)Are they stock Evo 8 units that I can purchase at the dealership?
3.)Is there a list on these forums anywhere that I can get a FULL list of all the little things I'll need to do the swap?
There is a list made by flashbluers that i already told you about. Just search for it on these forums.

3.)Could I go ahead and mount the intake manifold onto my stock GS head?
Or will I need a spacer like the turbo manifold in order for it to have enough
clearance? Because I want to install it! I can't resist its shinyness any longer!!!
You can not use the intake manifold for the evo 8 on the stock 4g64 motor. You will need a spacer for the exhaust manifold if it was designed for an evo.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What prevents me from using the intake manifole? Is there just not enough room?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ok. Do you have excel spreadsheet? Because I found the thread posted by FlashBlueRS but I don't have excel and I was wondering if you would be willing to convert it to Word? Copy and paste should work. You have no idea how much of a help you would be!

Here's the link:
http://www.club3g.com/forum/3g-eclipse-rs-gs-specific/66826-dohc-head-swap-parts-list.html
It would be really time consuming to properly convert it to work because how it is layed out.

Download OpenOffice.org: Home for windows. It has a free excel alternative that you can use to open the file.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok! Thank you sooo much! This makes life simpler!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts