Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for either a Ballistix, Blazer or Blitz body kit for my 00 gt. If anyone has one thats wants to get rid of or knows somewhere that i can get one for a decent price please let me know.
 

·
Previous 3g Owner
Joined
·
1,363 Posts
:rofl:

On a side note.... you may want to rethink your choice in body kits. Granted, it is your car but why don't you keep looking. I think you will find that there are a couple better looking kits out there.
 

·
Pandora
Joined
·
864 Posts
i got a flexfiber blits kit from blownoffvalve he lives in so cal and makes deleveries all over california. There was some damage to the parts (on the manifacture end) but he is a real great guy and is coming back up here to swap the parts free of charge for new ones. He also can get you urethane kits as well. (Infact im upgrading to urethane when he comes back up.) I would sujest if your spending the money for a full kit you really should get urethane. Its easier for the shop to install and its way more durable. I have done a ton of research in this area. not to mention some places are doing free shipping for full kits!!!! shoot me a pm and ill hook you up with some more information. :)
 

·
Pandora
Joined
·
864 Posts
:rofl:

On a side note.... you may want to rethink your choice in body kits. Granted, it is your car but why don't you keep looking. I think you will find that there are a couple better looking kits out there.
i personally dont like any of the other kits. They are either too extreme or too much like the original kit. Although i do agree the original body is very nice and the lip kits complete the image but personally i wouldnt want to spend so much money on just widening the lips......unless i was going for the Carbon Creations Street Shine Kit. Although i dont want to even think about Carbonfiber being that close to the ground till i get a completely new suspension setup so i dont trash it. The Blits kit and Blazer kit are very nice and also do wonders for heat distribution. It has a wider Airdamn int he front which will work very well if your planning on doing heavy mods under the hood. Blits\Blazer is a touchy subject for 80% of club3g cause they like the Streetshine\Wings West lip kits only.......the other 20% have\like the blits\blazer.


plus i dont know about the install on kit to kit...but i am thinking lip kits cost more to install because of how many pieces they have to attach, mold, and paint. I have quotes ranging from $600-$800 for a nice complete install for the blits kit. Ive heard it in the higher numbers but it was with different kits...(up to $3k)

anyways get what you want its your money.....just make sure you have studied the pictures of the kit because once you get it on........its not going to be pretty to take it off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Yeah.. I'm not a huge fan of those kits either... but hey, it's your car, you should do your own thing. But do look around for a bit. There's a whole thread dedicated to body kits and it has links for them as well. Some of them don't work, but it gives you a good idea as to what is out there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
See i am trying to go for a completly new look for my eclipse. I am trying to basically make it look like a mean ass eclispe not the usual. Thats why i was thinking the ballastix kit. I am going to be putting a different exhaust on it so it will have a deep sound to it and also going to be painting it black with silver flakes in it. Thanks for everyones help though and i wil let you all know what i decide
 

·
Pandora
Joined
·
864 Posts
Here are some rough figures from my research:
Blits Flexfiber----Blits Urethane--Blazer Urethane
500-------------879-929--------760-------------For Full 4 piece kit
175-------------329-----------------------------Front
175-------------329-----------------------------Rear
150-------------299-----------------------------Sides

Most places are doing free shipping untill christmas. this is the only time they do this for kits. otherwise i would check the boards frequently. Like i said blownoffvalve has access to whatever you need....(there are a few others but i havent dealt with them yet) and blazer is the same as blits but its 3rd party.(not name brand)
 

·
Pandora
Joined
·
864 Posts
bullet fenders!!! I may be interested if my current transaction for Custom CarbonFiber Bullet fenders falls through. I have the money for him just waiting for a reply back from him. pm a price for just the fenders.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top