Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new distributor for my 01 Spyder GT and found out that it has the wrong reluctor wheel inside and is giving me cam and crank sensor issues. Sadly, I don't have my old distributor to pull out the old reluctor wheel. Does anyone by chance have either the single prong pin reluctor wheel for the 01 GT or a distributor out of an 01 GT? I don't need a working distributor or anything, just the reluctor wheel

·
Registered
2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could you post a pic of the part you have now and how its different from what you need?

does it look like this?
View attachment 43875
I’m not sure what’s in the car right now. It’s in the car and I can’t take it out because I need to be able to drive the car to a shop. I was talking to another person on here about my cam and crank issue and they said that all new distributors come with the wrong reluctor wheel and that switching the wheel from a the original distributor into the new one solves the issue. Here is the listing for the distributor I bought: https://www.carparts.com/details/Mi...nt/Distributor/2001/Spyder_GT/REPM314115.html

·
Registered
363 Posts
I had the same issue. Your new one has a 4 prong reluctor wheel. You'll need a single prong one. I'll comment back with a member's name who has some I got mine from. Easy to swap.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I pmd you back. His name is Murkrow who has some for sale.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had the same issue. Your new one has a 4 prong reluctor wheel. You'll need a single prong one. I'll comment back with a member's name who has some I got mine from. Easy to swap.
is this an issue only with 00-01 GT?
I'm thinking of replacing my distributor on my 05 GT sometime soon and it would be good to know if I need a different reluctor wheel.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I recently replaced the distributor on my 01 GT. The aftermarket distributor had the same configuration as the original distributor and worked out of the box.

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
266 Posts
Rockauto show`s a part SKP SKDIDG29 #DG29 that fit`s both the 01 and 05 .. The fact that @jamdur03 mentioned that all new distributors come with the wrong reluctor wheel I would assume this is true with your 05.. Unlike the @jamdur03 .. you already have the reluctor wheel you need ... just buy your new distributor and change if necessary.!
Kodo`s to @Murkrow for having the part to solve this problem ..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Rockauto show`s a part SKP SKDIDG29 #DG29 that fit`s both the 01 and 05 .. The fact that @jamdur03 mentioned that all new distributors come with the wrong reluctor wheel I would assume this is true with your 05.. Unlike the @jamdur03 .. you already have the reluctor wheel you need ... just buy your new distributor and change if necessary.!
Kodo`s to @Murkrow for having the part to solve this problem ..
Its at least good to know that I have that option, though I'm not keen on the idea of possibly needing to use an old part in a new distributor assembly, esp if its a wear part.
For the moment, I bought just the cap and rotor to replace when doing my plugs and wires sometime soon, and keep my fingers crossed that the distributor will last a few more years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts