Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

so last month I started to get a cylinder 3 misfire code. changed the plugs, but when i changed em I noticed lots of oil on spark plugs from cylinders 1,4,3. Cylinder 3 coincidentally had so much oil when i looked at the plug it looked like oil may have been flooding the plug out.... There was oil on the injectors also.... way to much oil for my liking... by lots of oil i mean i had to clean my wrench off with paper towel after taking each plug out.

To clarify there was oil above the plug and on the actual plug.

do I just need a valve cover gasket and spark plug seals to fix this much oil??? please help?

I searched already and just want to know if this much oil can be from the same issue.
Thanks!
Jason

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
Easy and cheap fix. Spark plug tube seals have gone bad. Remove valve cover and there you go. On top of what I circled are the spark plug seals. Get the kit which will come with tube seals and valve cover gasket, now is a good time to replace it since you have to remove the valve cover. Under $30 bucks if you do it yourself.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats awesome thanks, anywhere to order online?? i have difficulty getting some mitsu parts in canada and they are much more expensive

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there anything else i should be looking for, or is this the only reason why the oil can be leaking? could there be a reason that oil could be forced through the seal because of something else?

·
Registered
80 Posts
replacing the tube seals fixed mine, but i did the valve cover gasket while I was there....i couldn't find the tube seals without the valve cover gasket...did this not work?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jsut unsure cuz i had someone mention to me that the oil may be leaking through the gasket because of a blockage somewhere else.... they said replacing the gasket could cause me to leak oil into the rings.....
what do you think

1 - 8 of 8 Posts