Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I own a 2002 mitsubishi eclipse gs and there's a loud hissing sounds coming from under the air intake manifold, it's right under the right side of the air intake manifold by the throttle body and idk what it is, I found one small hose not hooked up, and I hooked that back up and it's still Makin a loud hissing sound do yall know what it is? Because I have no clue what it could be.

· Super Moderator
54,086 Posts
Cracked intake manifold where the flange is pressed onto the runner collector? If that's the case and you can't find an undamaged stock manifold, I believe that the 4cyl Outlander intake manifold swaps but I'm not familiar with the particulars of the swap myself. I'm sure there's some information here.

· Super Moderator
54,086 Posts
Idk, it sounds like it's right behind the throttle body but underneath it
Well we can't diagnose it over the internet, you or someone you trust is going to have to go and look at it and figure it out. We/I can only speculate and suggest.
It is running poorly? Is this noise new?

· Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
756 Posts
I have read several members report a problem like this. No one seems to complain of running issues though. I am wondering if it may be the throttle bypass port set too far open or, the throttle plate not closing fully causing it to make a hissing noise. Just an unproven theory. I have not experienced this problem myself. ...J.D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts