Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a girl at my school backed into my car, she did a bit of body damage, but she mainly hit the wheel. So whenever I am driving the car it has almost a back and forth chug to it. When you give it gas and turn the wheel it jumps and clicks and sound like something is going to break. The noise is terribley loud and when it does this the whole car jumps. I took the car to the dealership that my insurance said I should go to and was told that I needed a new front axle, they insisted that they do the work so I said go ahead. They did all the body work and supposedly they did the mechanical work. I picked up the car right at closing time on a friday. They rushed me out the door and said it was good as new. Within the fisrt 1-2 miles i noticed the nosie again so now im pissed. Before i made the whole 8 mile trip from the dealership to my house the car was not even driveable. It is making the noises even worse, and now it is doing it way harder. I called them up they came picked it up and said it needs a new tranny, but im not so sure that is really what needs to be done. Any input would be great, i mean it is a ford dealership doing the work on my eclipse...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
If they say it needs a new tranny, go for it! You're not paying for it...you should only have to pay a deductible once (unless the girl's insurance is covering it)...that's what insurance is for...let them replace whatever they want as long as it gets fixed...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts