Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i just bought a 03 eclipse gt manual tranny and when i try to accelarate fast there is a viabration on the driver side front..it olny lasts a few seconds and seems to do it when the car is cold

and at about 4500 rpms the car slow down alot

also the top speed is 125...does this sound right

THANKS FOR ANY HELP:)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Are the wheels hopping? Also, are you using 91+ octane gas?

Top speed in 4th gear is around 120, top speed in 5th is 150 (out of the box, and so I've heard). I had my 03 gt manual at 146, but that was with 97k miles on it, and it took a while to get there.

·
Fossilized Member
1,206 Posts
and at about 4500 rpms the car slow down alot

also the top speed is 125...does this sound right

THANKS FOR ANY HELP:)
If you still have the stock intake system, check for the two plastic rivits on the intake scoop. If they are missing, the scoop will suck itself up against the underside of the hood and cut off air flow.

You should be able to get another 10 - 15 mph out of a GT.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
If you still have the stock intake system, check for the two plastic rivits on the intake scoop. If they are missing, the scoop will suck itself up against the underside of the hood and cut off air flow.
:agreed: That is very common. I dunno where those damn rivets go but they always seem to be missing. Replacing the air intae with a WAI or CAI would permanently solve that issue.

And :wavey: from Durham, NC.

·
Registered
38 Posts
like they said...make sure u have at least 91 octane gas in the car...and my 01 gt got 151MPH at 4800rmp's in 5th gear still pulling...something doesn't sound right if u ask me

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it olny has 23k miles and it barely got to 125...im gonna check those rivits but its going back to the dealer to grt checked out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone it was the plastic rivits...she's fast now just smoked a 08 avenger r/t and a 05 scion tc...with ease

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
good job... :ugh2: now go pick on a srt-4 and see what happens. :rofl:
The Avenger R/T comes with the same engine that's in my wife's Charger...the 3.5L High Output (235-hp/232 lb-ft), and the Avenger could have been AWD as well...I'd take it over an SRT-4 (230-hp/250lb-ft) anyday...the responsiveness of the 3.5 HO is insane compared to any stock Neon...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts