Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
GTSEclipse
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an xbox 360 from him on nov 26th. recieved it quickly only to find the attack of the red circle because the console was shipped with a game in it. He gladly offered me a full refund for it if i returned which i have but still no refund. And he has yet to answer my past 2 emails.

If i recieve my refund i have no problem because all seemed well til i sent the package back quickly and got nothing in return

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
I've had a good experience with lowkeyneon. I bought a fuel rail from him and received it quite promptly. Everything arrived as expected.

I think you're jumping to conclusions. You realize it's almost Christmas and people are REALLY busy or on VACATION right now? Give him a little longer. You said you received it on the 26th, but when did he sign for it when you returned it?

·
GTSEclipse
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i understand that but he is not on vacation

I had been in contact with him through messages and he assured me that once he received the package that i would get the refund immediately

the package was delivered on the 17th and now he is telling me that his money is in the bank and needs to clear and that has been for a few days now, and I have never heard of it taking more than a day or two for money to clear.

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
Just FYI, I've seen traditional electronic transfers take upward of 5 days. It depends on his bank and your bank's processing load and cooperation in general.

At least he's communicating now. If it takes more than 5 days for the money to get wired, then I would start to worry.

Good luck.

·
Just Married 05-15
1,755 Posts
Just FYI, I've seen traditional electronic transfers take upward of 5 days. It depends on his bank and your bank's processing load and cooperation in general.

At least he's communicating now. If it takes more than 5 days for the money to get wired, then I would start to worry.

Good luck.
:Agreed: They take so long to process.

·
Registered
198 Posts
National City told me that anymore it can take up to 10 business days for checks and money to clear, After 10 days its almost certain it wont bounce back but i mean it still could and just cuz it posts to your account it doesnt mean it cleared so he is just waiting. The only way its instant is if its a cash deposit.
so just give him a couple more days.

·
GTSEclipse
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have waited plenty of time now and this is where i stand:

I had escalted the claim with paypal, but they told me that they cannot refund me the money because it was not purchased through ebay. I explained this to him so that he knows that he has to refund me my money and that they will not take it from his account. But he continues to play stupid now and say that they will take his money since i escalted the claim. I have a close family member who is a lawyer, so if he refuses to pay I will take him to court. Due to the fact this is family helping I will not have to pay any fees to him, and Paypal has even agreed to provide any information needed to prove that I should be granted a full refund from him.

·
Registered
72 Posts
like you just said, you escalated the claim, saying it wasnt what you had paid for when it in fact was. The payment was made through paypal and has nothing to do with ebay. The message i got from paypal was that the claim was ended because you was not entitled to a refund due to you got what you was told you was going to get. I had taken pictures of the xobx working before i sent it to you. if for some reason it got damaged during shipping it had nothing to do with me and you should have claimed it through the shipping company. You can go ahead and do whatever legal actions you want. You may not have to pay your lawer but you still have to pay the court fees which is more than the claim your making. As for a lawer for me, mine is free as well, JAG. Paypal made the final decision about refunding the money and that is the end of it. So for me acting stupid, no im not, im going with paypals ruling and thats the end of it. I tryed to work with you on this, with no settlement. As for my money in the paypal account, my bank refused to send it to paypal. As a matter of a fact, when i went to take money out to buy my bike 2 months ago, they said "we dont feel comfortable giving you your money" as if they was my parents! So my banks is reatarted. If they had transfered the money, i would have given a refund before the paypal had made their choice. Im done dealing with with bullshit. And im done dealing with you.

·
GTSEclipse
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So you refuse to give me my money or the broken product that you sent and then asked to send back for a refund?

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I would say just send the broken unit back to GTSeclipse. Its all of what 10 bucks to ship it.

I dont think its lowkeyneons fault, since the product was working before it left and not when it showed up. Thats a shipping problem. I worked for several computer companies that when this exact thing happened, they said call the shipper and file a claim. Best Buy will tell you the same thing if you buy a computer, put it in the car, and the car is broke into while you go back into the store. They will not give you another computer.

·
Registered
241 Posts
thats why i HATE paypal, those idiots always give the wrong people the upper hand. sellers can ship you anything and as long as paypal gets a tracking number they wont do shit..i say ship the broken xbox back to him at least he could have it repaired. is it still under warranty?.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
well paypal can't cover shit like broken while shipping. So they will side with the seller. I have won a few wrong item disputes before.

·
Registered
241 Posts
well paypal can't cover shit like broken while shipping. So they will side with the seller. I have won a few wrong item disputes before.
yeah, but i have seen first hand of people getting the completly wrong thing or something that was plainly broken before shipping..and paypal still sides with them (sellers) just for the simple fact that they have a valid tracking number..sound fair to you? now im not saying thats what happen here, im just saying thats why paypal sucks.

like they say they only want to see proof that the product was delievered, as to what gets to you or if its broken..to bad.. thats why they suck ass.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
And take a look at his Public Profile now. Looks like im gettin screwed out of 200$
Yeah, it looks like he's done with Clug 3g all together...here's his new signature:

Fuck Club 3g and all its bitches!

And the erep he left me today...I doubt it was supposed to be positive (it's grey) since he's in the red, he can't leave me red:

2000-2005 eclipse... 01/03/2008 01:26 PM lowkeyneon i dont give a shit

Here's the thread the erep came from:

http://www.club3g.com/forum/automot...0-2005-eclipse-repair-manual.html#post2264727

thats why i HATE paypal, those idiots always give the wrong people the upper hand. sellers can ship you anything and as long as paypal gets a tracking number they wont do shit..i say ship the broken xbox back to him at least he could have it repaired. is it still under warranty?.
Personally, I love dealing with PayPal...the one claim I had to file worked perfect for me...I got my money back when the jerk decided to flake out on the tires I won on eBay.

As for the issue above with the xbox, as cyberbrain said, it sounds like it may be more of an issue with the shipping company...was insurance purchased for the shipping, and if not did you ask him to? What carrier was it shipped through?

lowkeyneon is mistaken about one issue though...legal representation will not be free for him. The JAG office will not represent him in a civil matter...that's not what they're there for. You, on the other hand may have an upper edge...since he is a military member who has been gracious enough to provide his assignment location, you may be able to find out what unit he is assigned to and bring the matter to the attention of his commander. Depending on the circumstances, they may or may not be able to take any action against him, but it would at least cast a bad shadow for him with his superiors. Hopefully through PayPal or his return address you have his name...that will certainly help...I'd start by calling the operator at his post and asking for the JAG office...tell them you have a complaint against a servicemember stationed there and would like to see what actions are available for you to pursue. Normally, I would stick by another servicemember in a heartbeat, but unfortunately, it's people like this that give the rest of us a bad name. PM me if you'd like any help on who to call and what to say/ask for...

·
GTSEclipse
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Paypal said the only reason they cant take the money directly from him is cause it wasnt through ebay. But other than this I never had problems with them before

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Paypal said the only reason they cant take the money directly from him is cause it wasnt through ebay. But other than this I never had problems with them before
Hmm...I wonder if that might be because of how you filed the claim. Here's what their user agreement states:

"The PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to items purchased outside of eBay or eBay Express..."

"PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy - Our best efforts program to reimburse Users for losses only to the extent we are able to recover the funds from sellers."

Based on the above, you would have had a complaint under the PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy, but they would only be able to give you whatever they could recover from lowkeyneon...I don't know if that means what he had in his PayPal account, or if they would try and draft his checking account or credit card for the money...I could call them and ask them...honestly, I'm a little curious myself since I use them so much...:ugh2:

Reactions: gtseclipse

·
Medic
2,354 Posts
...I don't know if that means what he had in his PayPal account, or if they would try and draft his checking account or credit card for the money...I could call them and ask them...honestly, I'm a little curious myself since I use them so much...:ugh2:

It will check their paypal balance for funds kidney_bean and not there bank.. Im 99 percent sure on that one.. Give it a shot, maybe hes stupid enough to have left them there.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts