Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
those look really cool man, I dig em. How is the light output?
on low, the output isnt good at all. i usually have the fog lights on with them and its ok. i wish they were better.
on high they are very bright. great output.
they are the same bulbs in high and low so it must be the depos or my harness or somethin causin them to be dim on low? i followed mojos how to to replaced the low beam harness. and i also replaced the stock pigtail.
oh well. i still like them :cool2:

·
We are...Penn State
2,503 Posts
Looks great!

I just bought a set to put in my Sonar projectors. I'll take pics and post them in this thread when I get them. If I don't like the output then they'll be posted here for sale.

·
We are...Penn State
2,503 Posts
I just wanted to post this pic from the ebay auction I just bought my set from. It really shows the difference in the look between a regular bulb and these bulbs. The one on the driver side really looks very much like HID to me (obviously that's the luminic bulb).
I'll post a version of this pic using my car once I get my bulbs

·
Yo Yo Yo Yo-Landi
1,764 Posts
The reason why the output on these are bad is #1 they are not HIDS, just HID "look a like" bulbs and the more blue the light, the less actual visible light there is. That is why when most people get HIDS, they get a 6000K kit, it has a hint of blue but has decent output, where as 4300K is pure white, but not much blue and 8000K is pure blue like the bulbs you posted, but visibility is greatly reduced.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
That looks pretty good, but it's too bad that the output is not as good.

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
The reason why the output on these are bad is #1 they are not HIDS, just HID "look a like" bulbs and the more blue the light, the less actual visible light there is. That is why when most people get HIDS, they get a 6000K kit, it has a hint of blue but has decent output, where as 4300K is pure white, but not much blue and 8000K is pure blue like the bulbs you posted, but visibility is greatly reduced.
No, the reason the light output is bad is because they're garbage, shit ass made, ebay special, projector housings. I HAVE 10,000k HID's in mine and I can still see absolute shit. I need fogs or something

·
We are...Penn State
2,503 Posts
No, the reason the light output is bad is because they're garbage, shit ass made, ebay special, projector housings. I HAVE 10,000k HID's in mine and I can still see absolute shit. I need fogs or something
well, 10,000k isn't going to be very bright no matter what kind of headlight housing you put them in. 4300K, I believe, is what you want for brightness. You're at the level where the lights are more for show than for actual use

·
Yo Yo Yo Yo-Landi
1,764 Posts
well, 10,000k isn't going to be very bright no matter what kind of headlight housing you put them in. 4300K, I believe, is what you want for brightness. You're at the level where the lights are more for show than for actual use
Exactly, 10,000K isn't really suited for driving at all. Everyone I've ever talked to who has had HID said to not go any higher than 8000K, because visibility is greatly reduced, and that 6000K seems to be the sweet spot as far as giving good light output and a hint of blue.

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
I have 12k's on my bike and they're still twice as bright as stock. The projectors had stock halogens in them BEFORE I swapped to HID's and they sucked too. The projectors aren't like OEM projectors where they are engineered to have good light output, they're engineered by companies that want to make a sale to people who care more about cosmetics than they do about actual use. The cutoff lines are absolute shit, they shine light up into the trees, they blind people because they shoot out to the left and the right, yet the center of the road is never lit good.

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
It's foggy out.

You can SEE the beams of light. They don't point right.

This is the light output from inside.

From the hood

They point all over the place. Garbage

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yea, i mean dont get me wrong or anything, i have depo's and love the looks but the projectors on them blow ass at focusing the light straight, the high beam sockets seam to work good though, so im gonna stick my low beam HID in those and see if it works better at focusing the light

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Yea, i mean dont get me wrong or anything, i have depo's and love the looks but the projectors on them blow ass at focusing the light straight, the high beam sockets seam to work good though, so im gonna stick my low beam HID in those and see if it works better at focusing the light
That's what I want to do too, I'm just afraid of blinding people.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts