Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been throwing a P0300 (random cylinder misfire) and decided I would go ahead and replace my Magnecore wires with some new ones while I had the manifold off (V6) and was replacing the spark plugs. I ended up ordering a set of Magstar 8.5mm wires (8.5mm = Magnecore as well). I mainly went with the Magstars as they are blue and they match my engine bay's color scheme.

I haven't finished the install yet (one wire to go) but I was wondering if anyone else has used these and if so did they work well or did you have issues? Mine seem to sit in the spark plug tubes just fine (they don't want to pop out/off like a couple of my Magnecores did). However, I don't hear them "clicking" onto the spark plugs. They seem to sit fine but the instructions say to listen for a click when installing them on the plugs. :dunno: I do hear them snap into place when attaching them to the distributor. I did put some dielectric grease inside the spark plug boots as the instructions said to do so.

If anyone has experience or feedback on these wires please advise!

·
Pandora
864 Posts
hm does that mean i shouldnt buy them from you???? :/ i remember you said you tested them.....are you still throwing that code after you replaced them?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine friend and I both have them. There was a distinctive click when you plug them into the cap not the plug. But either way, when I didi put them on, they were on there tight. Although, the top of the boot did stick up, but I have had no issues out of them.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx mrco! I have been using them for awhile with no issues. They fit great in every cylinder and none have popped out of place so far. I'm loving the blue :)

k0r3n: Like I said 100 other times I tested the wires with a DVM and all fell within spec AND had the exact same impedence so my Magnecores were fine. I replaced the spark PLUGS at the same time as the wires. My P0300 was from either a loose spark plug wire (@ the distrib) OR a bad spark plug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts