Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 eclipse base model and its a five speed. I just replaced the enitre back drum system with new lines and hardware but now my e-brake is extremely loose. Before it would fully engage at half way, but now I have to pull it all the way in order for it to even beggin engaging.

How do I go about tightening the line?

·
CreepnIn The Shadows
4,427 Posts
If the drums are properly adjusted and it's still loose, the adjustment for the parking brake is under the arm rest. Pop out the cubby and you will see the adjustment for it.

·
54,481 Posts
Unless the shoes are not adjusted correctly. They should just barely drag the drums with the wheels on and the shoes centered by applying the brakes three times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doubled checked to make sure that the assembly and springs where all right, and they were. Afterwards I did in fact pop the cubbie out and readjusted my e-brake line. Now the only problem I have is when I am driving and I pull the e-brake, the driver side drum makes a knocking noise. Have you guys ever encountered that, or know what it is?

·
Manual Swapped!!
5,977 Posts
Why would you pull it while driving? You saw what the ebrake consists of. It's mechanical with levers and springs. The knocking you here is the shoe being pulled by friction and slamming back because of the spring.

It's not a hydrolic brake, it will NOT stop a moving car. You never pull it while driving. It only keeps a parked car from moving.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I totally agree with you drewski and no o do not use it to brake my car unless 1) A guy cuts me off or i need brake extremely fast or 2) I do use my e brake when i drift and power slide my car, this is why i posted that it knocks qhen i pull it, the only reason that it is a concern for me is becausw i do use it for starting my drifts quite a bit.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Manual Swapped!!
5,977 Posts
You sir are an idiot.

The ebrake will NOT slow a moving 3G down, IT IS NOT HYDROLIC!!!! You will brake your shit. It you "power slide" an FWD car you deserve to slam into a pole. You just said some of the dumbest shit I've seen in a while.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dude i totally got u i dont use it to stop the car lol, only thing i will really use it for is parking, and if its snowing ill go ahead and rip it a lil just to get sideways, nevr on dry land tho.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.