Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if making a turbo or supercharger is reasonable enough to attempt or even possible? I may have someone who could machine it, however I would need schematics. Anyway, I'm poor and looking for a cheaper way than spending thousands on it. Sorry, im a noob on this type of thing. Thanks guys

·
Registered
160 Posts
It would not be a good idea as supercharger / turbo's have to get balanced when finished unless you have this equipment you would have to send it out to get this done .I would recommend just using an existing center section from a turbo and making your own wheels as well as housings if you plan to go this route.I don't know how much the final price will be but imagine more than you can purchase a turbo for but idk. Do it and let us know.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
Does anyone know if making a turbo or supercharger is reasonable enough to attempt or even possible? I may have someone who could machine it, however I would need schematics. Anyway, I'm poor and looking for a cheaper way than spending thousands on it. Sorry, im a noob on this type of thing. Thanks guys
You can't be serious and obviously have no idea how much research and development reputable turbo manufacturers put in to these things when making them. That R&D costs losts of money by the way, so if you're poor then act like it and drive your car the way it is because going FI on your 3G either by turbo or supercharger cost a good bit of money.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Geeze man. I'm just throwing it out there. I told you I'm a noob!

Check this out though, let me know if it sounds like a possibility...

"""""""""""jakksin_chea
04-22-2008, 09:27 PM
hey!! i understand what yer talking about, a friend and i did the same thing to my audi(only a little dif prolly). like every car there is a blower in the air intake, this is what we did. 1st we put a ceramic turbine in replace of the blower (also using turbocharger ball bearings for speed) 2nd boosted the motor of the blower to act as a turbo charger 3rd instead of using an intercooler to cool the air we used another a/c compressor pipe that cooled the air being recieved from outside of the engine compartment and the the 4th step was a big k&n air intake filter at the end of the last pipe for cleaner more atomized air:sunglasse my audi originally had 237 hp and 221ft/tq. its a 2.8 v6. but now the homemade supercharger boosted it to 345hp and 321ft/tq!! 0-60 WAS 4.9 sec, NOW its 3.9 sec:evillol:(purty fast for a 4,200 pound car) the car is completely stock, no engine upgrades or suspension kits. just plain ole euro engineering. so there you have it folks a 2000 dollar super charger for the price of 350 dollars"""""""""""

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t181670-build_a_supercharger.html

350??? I mean, that sounds good to me but then again, I have no idea. :dunno:

·
Registered
12,548 Posts

"""""""""""jakksin_chea
hey!! i understand what yer talking about, a friend and i did the same thing to my audi(only a little dif prolly). like every car there is a blower in the air intake, this is what we did. 1st we put a ceramic turbine in replace of the blower (also using turbocharger ball bearings for speed) 2nd boosted the motor of the blower to act as a turbo charger 3rd instead of using an intercooler to cool the air we used another a/c compressor pipe that cooled the air being recieved from outside of the engine compartment and the the 4th step was a big k&n air intake filter at the end of the last pipe for cleaner more atomized air:sunglasse my audi originally had 237 hp and 221ft/tq. its a 2.8 v6. but now the homemade supercharger boosted it to 345hp and 321ft/tq!! 0-60 WAS 4.9 sec, NOW its 3.9 sec:evillol:(purty fast for a 4,200 pound car) the car is completely stock, no engine upgrades or suspension kits. just plain ole euro engineering. so there you have it folks a 2000 dollar super charger for the price of 350 dollars"""""""""""

Build a SUPERCHARGER - Car Forums and Automotive Chat

You HAVE to be trolling, there is no way in hell anyone in this world could possibly be that utterly retarded to believe that article. And even dumber to think you understand it, because it doesn't make any sense. Its a joke.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I let my noob shine bright, I think thats what happened. Lol. Any thoughts on that guys idea? Seems crazy/possible, but you guys know much more than I. :scratch:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, well there you have it. Once again I told you I don't know jack about it. Thanks I guess. rude.

·
lit up
4,334 Posts
you started by specifically asking about building your own turbo, and said that you are very low on funds.

the other guys refuted that building your own turbo is a bad idea, and there is a reason that turbos cost so much in the first place..

while reading this thread, i personally saw no reason to tell you what parts were required because you already said you were on a budget, and indicated you wanted to build your own turbo, with no mention of asking for a parts list, and am pretty sure others felt the same way.

if your on a budget, i don't recommend going fi. the phrase "you need to pay to play" truly applies to large engine mods like turboing-- mods take time, money, and sometimes replacement of parts that get busted in the process, and if you have very specific budget constraints, those repairs can be hard to swallow. not to mention, murphies law means that your low budget constraints almost ensure that you will have more problems then someone with money to burn...

i should also add that the link that you provided is very horribly wrong-- there is not a blower in every car, and it is not a matter of just swapping out a couple of parts.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, the others pointed out that the link was stupid of me to post. And once again, I don't know about it, so how would I know any better. That is why I came here, for input. I am disappointed in the class shown by some. Yeah, I am dumb when it comes to this, you don't have to rub it in. If you asked me about De Moivre's theorem, I wouldn't just say "Boy, you're an IDIOT for not knowing this already!"

Anyway, with what I intended when I posted this, was to start with a actual turbo/supercharger but find cheaper means to doing the piping and so forth. That link I shared, I shared because I did not know any better.

So that is why I am satisfied with at least a parts list, to see what I can make myself possibly.

Ugh.

Stay classy.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, the others pointed out that the link was stupid of me to post. And once again, I don't know about it, so how would I know any better. That is why I came here, for input. I am disappointed in the class shown by some. Yeah, I am dumb when it comes to this, you don't have to rub it in. If you asked me about De Moivre's theorem, I wouldn't just say "Boy, you're an IDIOT for not knowing this already!"

Anyway, with what I intended when I posted this, was to start with a actual turbo/supercharger but find cheaper means to doing the piping and so forth. That link I shared, I shared because I did not know any better.

So that is why I am satisfied with at least a parts list, to see what I can make myself possibly.

Ugh.

Stay classy.

·
Chuck Nasty
3,855 Posts

"""""""""""jakksin_chea

Build a SUPERCHARGER - Car Forums and Automotive Chat

Don't do crack kids...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts