Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My malpassi FPR came with SDS kit starts leaking. I sealed it, good for a day then leaks again, did this like 3 times, I can see fuel buble out from one of the lower screew. I wonder if I can ask Ross to service this thing (=down time=sucks) or replace it with better one, but I'm not sure the alternate of this. Any suggestions from you guys?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used teflon paste too actually. but doesn't help. Whats the alternative? does vortech FMU work the same?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies. I re-teflon each screw and apply seal glue I got from autozone. Checked it last night, this morning, everything dry. :twothumb:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, after 2 days, checked again this morning. Fuel slowly drips from the fpr. I'm really sure it was teflon pasted in all threads + sealed with glue. I need to replace this. What is the alternative beside Malpassi FPR with better quality ? .. a link to a shop will be better. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No comment anyone? .. the vortech FMU is raising rate FPR, it has ratio like 8:1, 10:1, and 12:1 (=> is this 12psi of gas vs 1psi of boost?). Which one is suitable for SDS stage 1 (<7psi of boost)?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Becak said:
No comment anyone? .. the vortech FMU is raising rate FPR, it has ratio like 8:1, 10:1, and 12:1 (=> is this 12psi of gas vs 1psi of boost?). Which one is suitable for SDS stage 1 (<7psi of boost)?
check this place out http://www.bellengineering.net/Pages/products_FPR.html
you would need part #2025. They are pretty good, I just installed mine yesterday and it works fine with the SDS. You can adjust base fuel pressure and it's adjustable rising rate from 1:1 to 12:1 if I remember correctly form when I talked to them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys

After reading this thread, I'm not sure which FMU I should get because I use RC 310cc. I think I will try this BEGI FPR.

so pacoslant, with this FPR what else do we need to do beside setting the idle pressure? how much pressure do you get at WOT?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Becak said:
Thanks guys

so pacoslant, with this FPR what else do we need to do beside setting the idle pressure? how much pressure do you get at WOT?
I set my FP at 50psi (idle) then there's another screw that regulates the rising rate, right now I have it set in the midle. The only acuurate way to set this would be at a dyno to make sure you have the right rate, I am going to the dyno next week, but everything seems to be fine. I don't think that thread aplies to us since we have the RIPP black box. I would think I get about 80-85 psi at WOT, but I'll let you know next thursday after I go to the dyno. If you have nymore question let me know.

PACO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts