Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Willful Aspirer
2,356 Posts
Beat the Mini and a 2nd gen Teggy (Despite missing third). Lost the 1/8th to a Saab 900 who then let off before we finished the quarter. Lost by about half a car to a Prelude BB6, with unknown mods.

The entertaining one was my stock 5 speed, versus a white hardtop GT, with headers, cold air, and an automatic. I couldn't really see it, but probably 2 car lengths between us.
lol nice

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Proof that driver mod is required. Same car, but on street pavement, rather than a prepared drag strip. The 1/4 and 1/8s are invalid, but the 0-60 dropped a whole second.

Also been having fun with this, since I installed it. Definitely seemed to stiffen the car up and reduce understeer. (Or is it a placebo effect? Who knows!)

And finally a random picture, since the car is currently at a standstill.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Uh. Stuff happened. Car exists, keeps getting beat to shit. Currently missing on Cylinder 3, I need to diagnose.
LSD is purchased, and I've got a GTS transmission in the garage in pieces. I've got a GT final drive inbound so I can do a re-gear while I'm installing the LSD.
6G75 and adapter also purchased. That's on the backburner though, because my funds are past dried up. Brackets, coolant crossover pipes and TB all purchased, and I've got a few of the other bits being made.

Checked out a local swap, first time I've actually seen a 75 swap. A little different route than I'm taking, but his works as well.

Tenative swap thoughts:
Retain PCV system. I want to add a catch can to it though, if possible.
Retain cruise control AND factory battery location. I don't know if I'll have the clearance.
Retain EGR? I've been informed that might be another impossible task, since the 75 is electronically controller in that regard.
I'd like to add a cat, in all honesty. Keep it emissions legal with 1 downstream cat, monitored by 4 sensors. Since I don't know the software side enough to know how to disable the sensors.
Factory flywheel. It's heavy, but this is NOT a racecar, so I feel like that'll be more suitable for a daily.
Evo 8 clutch looks like it's gonna hold the N/A torque, and I'm hoping the clutch feel is pretty light still.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Alright. Finally wrapped up the transmission in the garage, and installed it. That LSD really does help with grip on corner accel, as expected.

ACT Monoloc was recommended to me, so I bought one. Old one actually came off on the first go, so I kind of feel like I wasted the money. But hey, it looks nice.

Actually messed up and had to drop the trans twice, but it's back together now.

I think my 75 swap plans are on hiatus, but I've got some parts being fabbed for me by Joey (Is he on here by a username?). Also snagged 4 out of 6 stock 4G injectors that I plan on using. With my current plans, I don't think I'll be exceeding them, but I'm not sure really.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
MIVEC is slowly happening in the garage. Got a few brackets down, and working on small tidbits to make this nice and easy on swap day.

Bracket made for the Evap, for the GTS location.

Testing of my MIVEC solenoid system. Seems to work as expected.

My wiring bracket on the passenger side. This has the EGR check valve, EGR solenoid, MVIM solenoid (For emissions reasons only), MIVEC relay, and the crank sensor, knock sensor, and rear O2 sensors.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Is that the 74 throttle body on the mivec intake? You're going to have a large vacuum leak without making an adapter plate.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,020 Posts
Just a couple questions about the RX8 seats: was it a complicated swap and, what were the major differences between the stock seats and the RX8s? I'm curious if they sit a little lower than the stock seats.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
RX8 seats require welding up new brackets. I didn't do the work myself. Mine sit higher than stock, by a good margin. If you weld them up differently, they'll be lower I believe.
That is the 6G74 throttle body on a MIVECintake plenum. It's kind of hard to see, but the throttle body flange has an extra bit welded onto the side of it, to stop that vacuum leak.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,020 Posts
RX8 seats require welding up new brackets. I didn't do the work myself. Mine sit higher than stock, by a good margin. If you weld them up differently, they'll be lower I believe.
That is the 6G74 throttle body on a MIVECintake plenum. It's kind of hard to see, but the throttle body flange has an extra bit welded onto the side of it, to stop that vacuum leak.
Yeah, my headroom to the roof has been my number one complaint of the 3g stock seat design.... If you're taller than 6 foot, you will have headroom issues. Forget about wearing a helmet.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts