Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone i wanna start this off by saying imma need some help i am new to this but i have a passion for cars and really wanna get in to preformance anyways meet Tatti she's an 01 Chrysler Sebring coupe lxi 3.0 (6g72) 5spd (basically a 3g eclipse). So here is the back story and my plan, any suggestions, constructive criticism and advice will be substantially appreciated.(As long as yall dont say "dont waste your time") so I originally bought this car for $250 not running with the intentions of fixing her for a daily and then upgrading her to a solid 350hp by the end of the year, well shortly after i got her home i dropped a battery in her and she wouldnt crank so i had my brother pull her with his truck at 10mph and i tried starting by dropping clutch which worked so i went out bought plugs wires distributor cap&rotor crank position sensor timing belt water-pump radiator starter... stuff for a basic tune up well i installed every thing in took her around the block checked everything again and then extended my drive, well as everything appeared to be working as needed no lights no sputters no jerks no shakes no odd sounds i drove out but 5 miles and on the way home she let loose number 3 cylinder got a miss followed by rod knock and oil out the exhaust soo now yall know the past time for the future, as i am already about $1000 in to this car i have decided that i might as well make it fun (350hp+) as well remaining reliable and functional as possible i know i know things break more when modded but f-it so my plan is to pull this hunk a junk 6g72 drop in 6g74 (plenty of how to's on that part) reflash the ecu, stage 3 clutch and pressure plate and a lighter chrome-molly Flywheel, that should have her running again, then comes time to shove air down her throat with a 70mm turbo @6psi while i order forged rods and pistons (ive heard the crank is good for around 500hp if anyone knows for a fact how much power the crank can take lemme know) so at this point i assume my transmission will be either blown up or about to blow.. so what transmissions are a direct fit(or close) or if i have to go aftermarket should i just go awd if so which is recommended hell ill even settle for a link to help me get going in the right direction

·
886 Posts
Manual transmission should be fine with 350hp. If it breaks, it'll probably be because it's old, not because it's not designed for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts