Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SoCal3g.com Prez
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 2 part'r
Ok, this is for those of you who are familiar with the Megan Coilovers, or similar type of set up. On the Megans there are 3 red rings in the center. 2 are used on top to set the preload. Then there’s the one on the bottom that is used to set the ride height. About a week ago, I noticed that the back right end of my car was sagging. Turns out the front end, opposite side, was raise higher then what was originally set. Apparently the red ring on the bottom that locks the black cylinder in the center for height adjustment came loose. Some how that black cylinder spun around a few umpteen times and raised the front end on one side. It's and easy fix, but has anyone else ran into this same problem. I guess every time I turned or the vibrations caused it raise. I DUNNO???

Second question. What is the proper way to adjust front end links on a lowered car? Is it necessary to adjust?

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Similar prob.!
After coming in from the track I have noticed a bottom ring to be loose! Doesn't seem to effect ride height, just cranked it back down!

Thats just one of many things that will loosen after intense driving!

What links are you eluding too? Anti sway bar links I would imagine?
No adjustment necessary, mine is about as low as one can go & no probs.!
Hope this helps?

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
If your black threaded cylinder is spinning or becoming loose. It means that the large 18mm & 24mm bolts are not tight enough. If you have those tight the black cylinder will not loosen or spin.

·
SoCal3g.com Prez
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pulled the tire off and sure enough the big red, for a lack of words, bolt, was loose. the black threaded cylinder was spinning and raised the car. I just reset the ride height. it only took about 15min.

what 18 & 24mm bolts are you talking about? Where are they located? Maybe im missing something. F**k, I hope not.

and yes the sway bar links. when lowering the car, geometry changes. I would think that you would need to compinsate for it. I have had my car lowerd for the better part of a year. I havent had any problems. just wondering if its necessary.

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
I don't think the sway bar will be too big a deal. If you did have adjustable end links you would put the ends of the actual bar back to parallel with the ground. When you lower the car the bar end should point up slightly. This means the bar will twist slightly less for any given amount of body lean. However, the spring rates are high enough to keep body lean to a minimum.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
I pulled the tire off and sure enough the big red, for a lack of words, bolt, was loose. the black threaded cylinder was spinning and raised the car. I just reset the ride height. it only took about 15min.

what 18 & 24mm bolts are you talking about? Where are they located? Maybe im missing something. F**k, I hope not.

and yes the sway bar links. when lowering the car, geometry changes. I would think that you would need to compinsate for it. I have had my car lowerd for the better part of a year. I havent had any problems. just wondering if its necessary.
These

1 - 6 of 6 Posts