Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got my headers installed last week. It took about 17 hours of work, but it is all good. I really like them a lot. The only code I have been throwing is P0431(Catalyst inefficiency below threshold- Bank 2). I know there is that trick with the anti-foulers, but I am not sure which O2 sensor it is. I read somewhere that it might be the one on the downpipe, but I am not really sure. Any insight on that would be appreciated. But I did post a vid on youtube, which i will post here once that vid is processed on youtube.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree that they are raspy but they do sound good cruising and around the 1500 to 2300 mark. I believe they gave me more power. I have a heck of a lot more torque steer up top now than before. But until i go to the drag strip, then I will see if it really helped.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
You sure your car was a cali spec? I thought all the 2000's were fed-spec?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, it is a cali. It had those stupid precats and all four O2 sensors. Does anyone know which O2 sensor it is that causing the P0431 code to throw?

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
I am interested in seeing your new drag times or a dyno sheet. I doubt these headers do much in the performance sector but I have been proved wrong once before.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the drag strip around here won't open till around March or April. But I ran consistantly 16.1 (stupid automatic!!) So, If I run in the 15s consistently, then that should prove some performance. I imagine they added more power especially if you look at the stock exhaust manifold. It's crazy, especially those little precats, absolute insanity. You would think it would be cheaper to leave the precats off and laugh at the emission guidelines in California. Oh well, I guess I won't have to worry about that anymore. hehe

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know this may sound noobish, but I thought stock ecu cannot be reflashed. I read that somewhere on here, but then I read that 2001+ can and 2000 can't. I am a little confused on the subject, but I would love to get a tune, and there is a dyno place about an hour from here I can go to.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
I know this may sound noobish, but I thought stock ecu cannot be reflashed. I read that somewhere on here, but then I read that 2001+ can and 2000 can't. I am a little confused on the subject, but I would love to get a tune, and there is a dyno place about an hour from here I can go to.
Your right, 2000 ECU is different then 2001+ and the 2000 ECU can't be flashed while the 2001+ can. All you would have to do honestly is swap out your 2000 ECU for any ECU out of a 2001+. Don't quote me on this but I thought I saw somewhere that SOME late 2000's were able to be flashed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The greatest thing in the world would be that I could swap out a 2001 ecu that had been flashed by Logicgate according to my mods, but there would be too many unanswered questions about the mapping on certain gear pulls and such, so I guess I am now in the market for a 2001+ ecu. Man, this car is expensive, daggomit. haha

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
The greatest thing in the world would be that I could swap out a 2001 ecu that had been flashed by Logicgate according to my mods, but there would be too many unanswered questions about the mapping on certain gear pulls and such, so I guess I am now in the market for a 2001+ ecu. Man, this car is expensive, daggomit. haha
Well I think you can still data log so you could just give all your logs to LogicGate by email and he can come up with a tune.

645 Posts
car sounds good man, I read that somewhere on here there some 2001 ecus that you can't reflash, all 2001 before septerber 2001 have same ecu as 2000 and after septerber 2001 is different ecu, and all ecus after september 2001 can be flashed, so if you are goin to swap you ecu make sure ecu is made after septerber 2001 you can see when was made in the label located in door.

but to make sure ask logicgate

1 - 20 of 40 Posts