Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woot... Me meth is up and running cool.. I have an air intake temp gauge and it drops waaaayyyy freakin fast when the little meth light goes on..lol

Just wanted to see which % mixes others have run and what they felt like..
Right now I have 1 to 4 and wanted to see what you guys have run....
Gotta love the extra pull.. It's not like a NOS shot or anything but the car does get up there really smooth and faster.......

·
Boosted
3,343 Posts
meth in Prestone is 27% i believe

the temp drop is amazing for a lil liquid. i love it when people who never used it tell me it doesnt really work and i should get a FMIC. i'm like, have you ever datalogged the temp drops? enough said.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My meth is a little more concentrated :)

Just couldnt resist the big blue drum.. It called to me.....lololol

I got the "It doesnt work" today at the gas station from a Turbo CRX.. I turned to him and said.. Really.. Wanna race and find out...... Its the shaft.. They are all affriad of the bigg ass machined shaft.....lol Guy said hed never seen one so big......... (Glad we didnt race cause not 5 mins later it sputtered).. Had the meth coming in too soon..lolololololol

·
Registered
970 Posts
I think the meth in the prestone is 67% meth and regular washer fluid is like 49% but I will check the jug tonight ?

·
Dr 9023G = SCUM
1,447 Posts
LKNANML said:
My meth is a little more concentrated :)

Just couldnt resist the big blue drum.. It called to me.....lololol

I got the "It doesnt work" today at the gas station from a Turbo CRX.. I turned to him and said.. Really.. Wanna race and find out...... Its the shaft.. They are all affriad of the bigg ass machined shaft.....lol Guy said hed never seen one so big......... (Glad we didnt race cause not 5 mins later it sputtered).. Had the meth coming in too soon..lolololololol
My only question is where you fit that blue drum in your car? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I just strap the blue drum in the pass seat and tap it through the glove box....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................LOL Yea the drum stays at home and I mix it outside with a fire ext nearby.........

Right now I have my Greddy temp sensor in the air stream.. NOT REALLY ACC at all but at the time of install the sensor fitting they gave me didnt fit so I just placed it there so the gauge read something.. Correct fitting is here now and I will relocate it to mes water temp.....

Gonna make my datalog wire this weekend. Have an old laptop ready for car only use...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tearstone....
Yep... It sucks at air temps. Like I said.. It wasnt part of the plan... When I installed the SDS I wanted to make sure the gauges worked so I just made it read air temp(just havent gotten around to the new fitting till now....

In no way do I use this data for anything other then.... Yep gauge works.. :)

1. Greatly reduced EGT’s. Decreases of 250 degrees F are common using a 50/50% Methanol /Water mix. This prevents the usual problems associated with high exhaust car temperatures - rings sticking, holed pistons, etc.
2. Low cost power - where else can you get 70-100 HP for approximately $400 along with reduced EGT's.
3. Greatly increased air charge densities - 3-5 psig boost increases are common.

·
Boosted
3,343 Posts
been doing some research on the interweb

seems like 20-30% is (~ 4:1 water/meth) is a good mix to use for street

using above 50% isnt recommended at methanol is high concentrations is corrosive. while race teams use the stuff near 100% they also rebuild the motor every race

·
Registered
970 Posts
TheFranchise said:
been doing some research on the interweb

seems like 20-30% is (~ 4:1 water/meth) is a good mix to use for street

using above 50% isnt recommended at methanol is high concentrations is corrosive. while race teams use the stuff near 100% they also rebuild the motor every race
Shoot I forgot to look at the prestone jug. Matt from snow performance suggests 50/50 mix but I understand what you are saying about the corrosiveness.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea... Meth loves to eat up the internal seals and such... You mean u guys arnt under your hood every weekend like I am... Hummm...LOL

Yea I cant see going 100%.. Without upping the timing you just wont see that much of a gain but the cooling effect.. Damn. You can feel that...

·
we can make you talk
188 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I've been wondering myself. First of all, some of you guys just use Prestone De-Icer? Any particular kind? Also, RIPP recommended 50/50 mix. I wasn't aware of the corrosiveness, and this is a GREAT mod. Should I step down the mix a bit? I also bought a big blue drum of 100% methanol and mixed it with distilled water before putting it in the car.

·
54,424 Posts
iirc nitro-meth fueled cars run a/f ratios of like 1:1, and alc cars run like 8:1 A/F ratio. could you do some calculations with the amount meth and the amount of gasoline and alter your fuel maps for when the meth sprays to get the most out of it? or do you do this already?

G

·
Bitter said:
iirc nitro-meth fueled cars run a/f ratios of like 1:1, and alc cars run like 8:1 A/F ratio. could you do some calculations with the amount meth and the amount of gasoline and alter your fuel maps for when the meth sprays to get the most out of it? or do you do this already?
A properly tuned SDS should maintain A/F throughout the band, even when the meth kicks in. The tune should be done including the meth, so A/F isn't altered.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts